AGARTALA, Jan 2 - A tribal woman was electrocuted and five members of her family were critically injured, while a drunken couple died after falling into a water body in Tripura, police said on Saturday.
Renukumari Reang, 22, was electrocuted when she switched on the television set in her home at Sarbang in southern Tripura on Friday night. Five of her family members tried to rescue the young woman and were injured, police said. The five were admitted to a hospital in a critical condition.
In another incident, a tribal couple hailing from Jharkhand died after they fell into a water body in an inebriated condition. Sambhu Orang, 42, and his wife Bina Orang, 35, fell into a ditch at Jirania in western Tripura on Friday night, police said. � IANS