GUWAHATI, May 31 - Two fire incidents were reported in the city in the past 24 hours.
A fire broke out at a students� hostel of the Down Town Hospital at 1 pm on Sunday, in which a boy received minor injuries.
A fire and emergency services official said that a cylinder pipe caught fire in the kitchen of the hostel. A fire tender was immediately rushed to the spot. However, the students had doused the fire before the fire-tender reached the spot.
In the other incident, a telephone line cable in an electric post caught fire at Juripar of Sixmile area at 4.40 pm this evening.