AGARTALA, April 18 - The Tripura Government today announced that all students of classes I to IX and Class XI, who had appeared in their annual examinations before the lockdown came into force, would be promoted.
Moreover, evaluation of the answer scripts of the Madhyamik and Higher Secondary examinations will commence on April 24.
The State�s joint entrance examination, which was scheduled on April 2 and 3, has been postponed in view of the ongoing lockdown.
On the other hand, the fate of 12 degree colleges and seven technical colleges is still hanging in balance and the Government has decided to take up the issue with the Tripura University and the MBB University.
While speaking to media persons at the Civil Secretariat here today, Education Minister Ratan Lal Nath said the decision to promote students from classes I to IX and Class XI to the next classes had been taken as online classes for the pupils would begin from tomorrow.
Nath clarified that the examinations for three subjects � Sociology, Statistics and Music � of Class IX could not be held due to the lockdown. �The students of Class IX will get marks in these three subjects on the basis of the marks obtained by them in the half-yearly examination,� he said.
The minister said almost all the States have postponed the joint entrance examinations due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and Tripura has also decided to do the same.
However, evaluation of the answer scripts of the Madhyamik and Higher Secondary examinations will be done.
�Most of the answer scripts of the board examinations have already reached the schools. Evaluation will begin at 13 centres from April 24 by adhering to the lockdown guidelines. We hope the process will be smooth,� he said.
On the status of COVID-19 in the State, Nath said that there has been no new case in the past 24 hours. Altogether 531 persons have been placed under home quarantine. The number of quarantine facilities in the State stands at 153.
�The State has already received 3,840 kits for rapid antibody test for COVID-19 and the testing will start soon. Out of the 1,579 swab samples collected till date, 1,313 have been tested so far. Only two positive cases were detected and one COVID-19 patient has already been released from the hospital for institutional quarantine,� he said.