● This page contains the terms and conditions that shall govern your use of The Assam Tribune Pvt. Ltd. digital products not limited to assamtribune.com and mobile application, offered by Assam Tribune Pvt. Ltd and its Affiliates (“AT Group”, “us” or “we”). This service is provided on an "As Is" basis & is continually under development.
● The Assam Tribune Pvt. Ltd. requires that all users and visitors to this site(s) on the World Wide Web (the "Site") adhere to these Terms & Conditions [hereinafter referred to as T&C] & Rules & Regulations [herein after referred to as R&R]. By accessing this site you/user/visitor automatically confirm your acknowledgment & acceptance of these T&C & R&R which is the agreement between the parties. This Agreement is for term of your subscription period and you understand and agree that you shall be bound by such terms till such time you access the Sites.
● That if you access any of our other digital products not limited to RSS fees, APIs and Software, you agree to abide by all the T&C contained herein. Being exposed to advertising, promotions or marketing communications is a condition of accessing the Sites.
● Unless otherwise stated, all Intellectual Property not limited to trademarks, service marks, copyright and all intellectual property rights in all material presented on the Site (including but not limited to technology, text, audio, video or graphical images), appearing on the Sites are our property or that of our Affiliate duly licensed to us, and such Intellectual Property is protected under applicable law. You agree that you shall have no right title or interest in the Intellectual Property and that you shall not now or in the future claim any right title or interest therein.
● You are permitted to take printouts or download extracts for personal and non-commercial use only on your personal device and personal printer from these Sites. Any copies from the Sites or parts thereof to disk or to any other storage medium may only be used for subsequent personal reading or viewing purpose or to print extracts for personal and non-commercial use. You agree to not share the printouts or download extracts with any other individual or parties.
● You may not (whether directly or through the use of any software program) create a database in electronic and/or structured manual form by regularly or systematically downloading and storing all or any part of the pages from this Sites. You may not archive or cache the Sites or parts thereof. No part of the Sites may be reproduced, transmitted, edited, and/or stored by in any other website, blog, curator or medium, nor may any of its pages or parts thereof be disseminated in any electronic and/or non-electronic form, nor included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or services without prior written permission.
● You may not access, use, take printouts, download, store or attempt to do so, the Sites or any part thereof to take action which could harm us or the copyright owner, licensor thereof, our Affiliates or any third Party. You may not use such in violation of applicable laws or in violation of our or any Party’s intellectual property or legal rights therein. You will not attempt or permit a third party to circumvent, reverse engineer, decrypt or otherwise alter or interfere with the Sites or any Part thereof. Should you do so, it may result in civil, criminal and/or administrative penalties against you and such User or those assisting such users. You may not use The Assam Tribune’s logos or proprietary graphics or trademarks as part of the link without express permission. Copyright should be acknowledged. Such use should not infringe on the Intellectual Property Rights of any person. When using material on this website, proper attribution to authors and/or copyright holders must be given. User is granted a limited, revocable and non-exclusive right to create hyperlinks to the home page or any other page of AT Group so long as any of these links do not portray AT Group, products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory or offensive manner. Any infringement and/or passing off shall be vigorously prosecuted to the maximum extent permitted by law. Users are prohibited from using any marks for any purpose including, but not limited to use as metatags on other pages or sites on the World Wide Web without the written permission of AT Group or such third party which may own the marks. Users are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, transmitting, displaying, publishing, selling, licensing, creating derivative works or using any content available on or through the Site for commercial or public purposes.
● The technology and/or software developed and in use by assamtribune.com and its verticals exclusively belongs to THE ASSAM TRIBUNE PVT. LTD. and by accessing the site you agree not to sell, copy, replicate and/or distribute our Intellectual Property. We reserve the right to take legal action against any such person(s) involved in such practices. It may result in civil, criminal and administrative penalties against defaulters and/or those assisting.
● All the contents of the Sites are only for general information or use. They do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making (or refraining from making) any decision or action. Any specific advice or replies to queries in any part of the Sites is/are the personal opinion of such experts/consultants/persons and are not subscribed to by the Sites. The information from or through this site is provided on “AS IS” and “as available” basis, and we do not warrant that the Sites will operate error-free or that the Sites and its servers are free of computer viruses or other harmful mechanisms. If your use of the Sites or content therein results directly or indirectly in need for servicing or replacing equipment, software or data, we are not responsible for any such costs. Site and content are provided on an “AS IS” basis without any warranties of any kind and to the maximum extent permitted in law all warranties, expressed or implied of any kind, regarding any matter pertaining to any goods, service or channel, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement are disclaimed and excluded. You should not rely on the content of the sites as a substitute for, nor does it replace any medical, financial, tax, legal, educational or other professional advice. If you have any questions or inquiries about your health you must seek the advice of your doctor. Prior to any sale or purchase of any product, real estate, securities or investment, you should consult your financial advisor. The use of the sites is solely at your risk.
● We shall not be liable, at any time for damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business projects, loss of savings, loss of revenue or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use the Sites, or any of its contents, or from any act or omissions as a result of using the Site or any such contents or for any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, alteration of, or use of information contained on the site. No representations, warranties or guarantees whatsoever are made as to the accuracy, adequacy, reliability, completeness, suitability or applicability of the information to a particular situation. It is the responsibility of the user to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any opinion, advice or other content available on/through the site. Please seek the advice of professionals, as appropriate, regarding the evaluation of any specific opinion, advice or other content. We, our affiliates, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives, advertisers and content providers, shall not be liable to you or anyone else as a result of your access of the Sites for indirect, special, incidental, punitive or exemplary damages. In any event our liability if any shall not exceed a sum equivalent to the subscription amount, if any, paid for the period subscribed.
● Certain links on the Sites lead to resources located on servers maintained by third parties over whom we have no control or connection, business or otherwise as these sites are external to us and you agree and understand that by visiting such sites you are going beyond our Sites and as such we shall not be directly or indirectly responsible for any loss or harm that may be caused to you. We therefore neither endorse nor offer any judgement or warranty and accept no responsibility or liability for the authenticity/availability of any of the goods/services/information/or for any damage, loss or harm, direct or consequential or any violation of local or international laws that may be incurred by your visit and/or transaction(s) on these sites.
● You may see and read press releases, agency reports or content created by the copyright owner, licensor, contributor or Third Parties (“Third Party content”) which have been licensed to us. Individual advertisers and parties releasing are solely responsible for such Third Party Promotional content which may appear on the Sites or accessible at or through the Sites, including to ensure that it complies with relevant legislation, rules and regulations and that it is not illegal, immoral or contrary to public policy. Such party shall be solely responsible for such Third Party content which may be appear on the Sites or accessible or through the Sites including compliance with law. We do not control, endorse, sponsor, recommend or otherwise accept any responsibility for such Third Party Promotional Content. The User must make all necessary inquiries before entering into any transaction or remitting monies, data, personal information, etc or contracting with or accepting or acting on third party promotional content in any manner.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
● Assam Tribune Pvt. Ltd specifically disclaims any liability (whether based in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise) for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with access to or use of the Site, (even if Assam Tribune Pvt. Ltd has been advised of the possibility of such damages) including liability associated with any viruses which may infect a user's computer equipment.
● Any subscription paid is non-refundable except as provided herein. We reserve the right to change subscription and/or membership fees and terms any time without prior notice to you.
TERMINATION OF USER AGREEMENT
● In case we require to bring the agreement to an end, we will inform you by email at the address you have registered stating that the agreement has terminated. The agreement will terminate with immediate effect and your email address and password will become invalid on the Sites immediately. Only if we terminate this agreement with you because we have discontinued or transferred the Sites, or due to changes in commercial or environmental conditions impacting costs, or provision of services are impacted by force majeure conditions which are temporary or permanent, will we refund your subscription amount pro rata.
● We may at our sole discretion, terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Sites for any reason, including without limitation, breach or suspected breach of these Terms & Conditions.
● Users are invited to submit comments, questions, ideas, reviews or any other information concerning The Assam Tribune and the website's contents, provided they understand that such comments will be subject to moderation & The Assam Tribune reserves the right to remove or edit such content. All such submissions should not be illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory or infringing on privacy or on intellectual property rights of others.
● Except as required by law THE ASSAM TRIBUNE PVT. LTD. will maintain the confidentiality of all user communications which contain personal user information & which are transmitted directly to THE ASSAM TRIBUNE PVT. LTD.. Postings by a user on any message board or in any chat room will not be protected as confidential & THE ASSAM TRIBUNE PVT. LTD. may use & provide information contained in any such postings (including any ideas, concepts, know-how or other intellectual property) to THE ASSAM TRIBUNE PVT. LTD. for any purpose whatsoever & as deemed appropriate by THE ASSAM TRIBUNE PVT. LTD.
● User agrees to indemnify and hold us viz THE ASSAM TRIBUNE PVT. LTD, its subsidiaries, affiliates, their directors, shareholders, officers, employees and representatives, harmless from any claim, demand, loss, cost, liability, expenses or damage, including reasonable attorney’s fees and cost of litigation, asserted by any third party due to and/or arising out and/or connected with your use of or conduct on the Sites in breach of these terms and conditions. This clause along with your representations, warranties and undertakings shall survive the expiry or termination of the User Agreement.
● We reserve the right to disclose any personal information about you and your use of the Sites including its contents, without your express prior permission, if we have good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
o conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process;
o protect and defend our rights or property;
o enforce these Terms & Conditions;
o to protect the rights and interests of minors and members of the public, third parties or others.
LINKED INTERNET SITES
● THE ASSAM TRIBUNE PVT. LTD. prohibits caching, unauthorized hypertext links to the Site & the framing of any Content available through the Site. THE ASSAM TRIBUNE PVT. LTD. reserves the right to disable any unauthorized links or frames & specifically disclaims any responsibility for the Content available on any other Internet sites linked to the Site. Access to any other Internet sites linked to the Site is at the user's own risk.
● THE ASSAM TRIBUNE PVT. LTD. is under no obligation to review any messages, information or content ("Posts") posted on the Site by users & assumes no responsibility or liability relating to any such Postings. Notwithstanding the above, THE ASSAM TRIBUNE PVT. LTD. may from time to time monitor the Postings on the Site & may decline to accept and/or remove any Posts that contain
o Any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.
o Advertisements or solicitations of any kind.
o Messages posted by users impersonating others.
o Personal information such as messages which state phone numbers, social security numbers, account numbers, addresses, or employer references.
o Messages by non-spokesperson employees of THE ASSAM TRIBUNE PVT. LTD. purporting to speak on behalf of THE ASSAM TRIBUNE PVT. LTD.
o Messages that offer unauthorized downloads of any copyrighted or private information.
o Multiple messages placed within individual folders by the same user restating the same point.
o Chain letters /mails of any kind.
CHANGES TO RULES & REGULATIONS
● We reserve the right to revise these Rules & Regulations at any time & Users are deemed to be apprised of & bound by any changes to these R & R. The latest updated Rules & Regulations would be posted on the Site.
VIOLATION OF RULES & REGULATIONS
● THE ASSAM TRIBUNE PVT. LTD. reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law & in equity for violations of these T&C & R&R, including the right to block access from a particular Internet address to the Site.
ACCESS TO PASSWORD PROTECTED/SECURE AREAS
● Access to & use of password protected and/or secure areas of the Site is restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized individuals attempting to access these areas of the Site may be subject to prosecution. The authorised user of password protected and/or secure areas of the Site shall not distribute or share the login credentials with any other individual and/or groups, failing which, we reserve the right to cancel your subscription and/or access to the sites.
FEES & CHARGES
The Assam Tribune reserves the right, at any time, to charge fees for accessing whole or part of the Sites. If, at any time, you are required to pay fee for accessing any part of the Sites, you will be intimated about the same and you will be allowed to access such part of the Site only upon payment of a fee (“Subscription Fee”) for a particular period specified at the time of subscription (“Subscription Period”). The Subscription Fee is non-refundable and during the Subscription Period, you are not required to pay any other charge towards subscription, unless there is a change in applicable tax.
Subscription Fee can be paid in any of the modes listed on the Sites from time to time. Your payment of Subscription Fee does not guarantee your subscription. The Assam Tribune reserves the right to reject your request for subscription with out assigning any reason. Under such circumstances, the Subscription Fee will be repaid without any interest. The Assam Tribune reserves the right to revise the Subscription Fee from time to time. The Assam Tribune, at its sole discretion, may allow you to renew the subscription after You may be allowed to renew the subscription after the expiry of the Subscription Period, upon payment of Subscription Fee prevalent at the time of renewal.
You may be required to create an account as a part of the registration process to use the Sites. You will create a login credentials by choosing a password and providing an e-mail address or by linking another account, such as Google of Face Book accounts. You will be also required to provide certain information, during the registration process. You warranty that such information provided by you during the registration process is true, accurate, current, authorised, and complete in all aspect. If there is any change in the information provided by you, you shall update the same. Unless otherwise expressly allowed, each registration is for a single user only. You are not allowed to share your registration login credentials including any material you download via your account or give your login credentials to anyone else. We may cancel or suspend your access to the Sites, if you share your login credentials or the materials downloaded via your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You shall not use login credential of any other person without that person’s authorisation. Failure to comply with the foregoing may result in immediate suspension or termination of your account. You shall notify The Assam Tribune immediately, if you have noticed any breach or unauthorised use of your account.
● This agreement shall be governed by & construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of India. User access to & use of the Site is subject to all such applicable laws.
● In respect of all matters/disputes arising out of, in connection with or in relation to this agreement, only the civil courts at Guwahati, Assam, India shall have jurisdiction, to the exclusion of all other courts.
● Although we endeavour to provide constant, uninterrupted access to the sites, we do not guarantee it. We accept no responsibility or liability for any interruption, delay or disconnection due to force majeure or acts of God or any forces beyond our control.
● The Web site is deemed to be published from/at GUWAHATI, India (irrespective of where it is accessed from).
For any grievance related queries, please email us at: