NEW DELHI, Jan 18 - India said today that the status quo has not been altered at Doklam, where Indian and Chinese troops were locked in a stand-off for over two months last year, and rejected any suggestion to the contrary as �inaccurate and mischievous�.
�Our attention has been drawn to some reports that question the accuracy of the position stated by the government in respect to the situation in Doklam,� Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said.
He said that in response to repeated questions about any change in the status quo at the face-off site, the government has stated that there was no basis for such imputations.
�Government would once again reiterate that the status quo at the face-off site has not been altered. Any suggestion to the contrary is inaccurate and mischievous,� he said.
Kumar�s remarks come in the wake of media reports about China carrying out some infrastructure development in the disputed region. � PTI