Indian Railways is responsible for managing the fourth-largest railway network in the world by size, with a route length of 67,956 km as of 31 March 2020. Also, newer and faster trains like Gatimaan Express and much talked about upcoming Bullet Train project will give more food to the fish. The Indian Railway is a bright spot where anyone would like to get recruited in such a situation.
RRB (Railway Recruitment Board) is the recruiting authority for Indian Railways. The Railway Recruitment Board functions mainly by releasing vacancies for the employment of candidates.
Do you want to be a part of the famed Indian Railways - Asia's Largest Railway Network? So, on Prepp.in aspiring candidates will find detailed information about RRB's exams.
From exam notification to results, all are available on this online study portal. Below mentioned are some details about the exams conducted by RRB. One must check the Prepp Online Study Portal to get daily updates and prepare accordingly.
Mentioned below are the popular Indian Railway exams covered on Prepp.in. We have mentioned a few details about them for the convenience of the students.
- RRB conducts the NTPC exam to select aspirants for Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) graduate and undergraduate posts for the various Zonal Railways and Production units within the Indian Railways. A total of 35,208 vacancies will be filled for the following positions. Some of the posts under this exam are - Junior Clerk + Typist, Junior Time Keeper, Trains Clerk, etc.
- RRB conducts RRB ALP and Technician Exam to recruit for posts like - Assistant Loco Pilot and Technician for different state railways across India. RRB ALP is a national level exam. However, the exam authority releases vacancy for various zones separately.
- The Railway Recruitment Board Exam for Junior Engineer selects candidates for various technical posts in the Indian Railways.
- RRB conducts the RRB Group D exam to recruit eligible candidates for various posts like - Helper/Assistant Pointsman, Track Maintainer Grade-IV, in Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix in multiple departments of Indian Railways.
Students interested in attempting any of these exams can check the Indian Railways section in Prepp.in for complete exam guidance.
- The selection process for the aspirants under various posts in Indian Railways is based on the three to four levels of examination.
- Preliminary exam is the first step, followed by the Mains Exam, Medical exam, and Interview for some positions. For instance, there is no interview for the group C and Group D posts under RRB Recruitment. Students will get all information about all the steps of the exam and their preparation tips on Prepp.in
- The eligibility criteria, application process, selection process, syllabus and others are subjected to the rules and regulations issued by the Ministry of Railways, Government of India (GoI).
- On the website, students will find exclusive and authentic information related to exam dates, syllabus, exam pattern, eligibility criteria, and many more.
To attempt any exam, one has to apply first. Here, we have mentioned the stages of RRB registration.
- Preliminary Stage: The basic details of an applicant and disability status has to be mentioned along with other required details.
- Activation Stage: At this stage, validation of email id & mobile number and generation of RRB Registration Number is done.
- Post Preference Stage: It is the stage where choice of posts, selection of language of exam, scribe details, educational details and communication address details is entered.
- Uploading of Documents: Scanned copies of photographs and SC/ST caste certificate has to be uploaded.
- Fee Payment Stage: Payment of application fees along with editing and modification in error, if required, are done in this stage.
The application process and deadlines for various individual exams under RRB may vary. Visit the official website for the latest updates on dates.
Apart from the education information, Prepp also launched its Android App for taking Mock Tests and Practising Previous Year's Question Papers. Your preparation is incomplete if you don't take mock tests on a regular basis.
The Prepp Test Series App allows students to register free and attempt Mock Tests prior to Railway Exams in a time-bound manner. One may have to pay 1,000 INR or more for the Mock Tests and Authentic Question Papers on other exam portals. Here, on Prepp.in Test Series App, students can practise Mocks and Previous year's papers for free for the first time.
But to take mock tests for the second time, a nominal fee of 149 INR is charged. In case students find the app useful. They can go for a yearly subscription of just 599 INR. The fees cost less than a burger!
So, signup for free on Prepp.in to receive daily updates and subscribe to Prepp Mock Tests on the Prepp.in app to hit the bull's eye in the Indian Railway Exams.
With the COVID-9 cases again surging in India, the RRB exams may get delayed. Utilize this time to keep themselves fit and carry on with their preparation. During such an uncertain situation, regular updates about the various exams in the Prepp.in education website will help students to stay focussed and keep things on track. So, aspirants must register to it and keep track of all information from today itself! Visit the Prepp.in portal and explore several Railway Exams that one can attempt.