Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Several rooms gutted in massive fire

By City Correspondent

GUWAHATI, July 18 - A massive fire broke out on Saturday at Phulpahi Nagar in the Jalukbari area here. However, no injuries or casualties were reported.

A Fire and Emergency Services official said the fire broke out around 10.15 am on a campus where 90 families stay in rented rooms. However, there were no families when the incident occurred.

"Seven fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the fire. There are 90 small rooms in three parts of the campus, each part containing 30 rooms. An electrical short-circuit is believed to have caused the fire that further led to the explosion of three full LPG cylinders. All the belongings were destroyed in the fire. However, there were no tenants, as they left for their native places due to the lockdown when the incident happened," the official added.

It took the firefighters more than one hour to douse the blaze.

Next Story