Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Sanaullah gets interim bail

By STAFF REPORTER
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo

GUWAHATI, June 7 - The Gauhati High Court today ordered the release of ex-Army officer Mohammad Sanaullah, who was declared as a �foreigner� by a Foreigners� Tribunal (FT) recently and subsequently sent to a detention camp.

However, Sanaullah�s appeal challenging the FT�s order would continue to be heard at the High Court.

Sanaullah was today allowed to go on interim bail against a bail bond of Rs 20,000 with two local sureties of the like amount.

The division bench, comprising Justice Manojit Bhuyan and Justice Prasanta Kumar Deka, also issued notices to the Union of India, the State government, Election Commission of India and the Office of the National Register of Citizens (NRC) and the first investigating officer of the case Chandramal Das.

�The respondents have been asked to reply on the issue in four week�s time,� Sanaullah�s counsel, advocate Syed Burhanur Rahman, told The Assam Tribune.

Sanaullah was released on bail with a number of riders, including one that he would not move out of the territorial jurisdiction of Kamrup and Kamrup (Metro) districts without prior permission.

The Superintendent of Police (Border) has also been directed to obtain the biometrics of both the eyes of Sanaullah, along with his fingerprints and photograph.

Sanaullah, who had served the Indian Army for three decades, was arrested last month after which a battery of lawyers representing the ex-Army man had approached the Court challenging the order of the FT.

The 52-year-old ex-Army man is expected to come out of the Goalpara detention camp on Saturday after completion of the requisite formalities.

Next Story
Similar Posts
Sanaullah gets interim bail

GUWAHATI, June 7 - The Gauhati High Court today ordered the release of ex-Army officer Mohammad Sanaullah, who was declared as a �foreigner� by a Foreigners� Tribunal (FT) recently and subsequently sent to a detention camp.

However, Sanaullah�s appeal challenging the FT�s order would continue to be heard at the High Court.

Sanaullah was today allowed to go on interim bail against a bail bond of Rs 20,000 with two local sureties of the like amount.

The division bench, comprising Justice Manojit Bhuyan and Justice Prasanta Kumar Deka, also issued notices to the Union of India, the State government, Election Commission of India and the Office of the National Register of Citizens (NRC) and the first investigating officer of the case Chandramal Das.

�The respondents have been asked to reply on the issue in four week�s time,� Sanaullah�s counsel, advocate Syed Burhanur Rahman, told The Assam Tribune.

Sanaullah was released on bail with a number of riders, including one that he would not move out of the territorial jurisdiction of Kamrup and Kamrup (Metro) districts without prior permission.

The Superintendent of Police (Border) has also been directed to obtain the biometrics of both the eyes of Sanaullah, along with his fingerprints and photograph.

Sanaullah, who had served the Indian Army for three decades, was arrested last month after which a battery of lawyers representing the ex-Army man had approached the Court challenging the order of the FT.

The 52-year-old ex-Army man is expected to come out of the Goalpara detention camp on Saturday after completion of the requisite formalities.