GUWAHATI, March 5 � A major fire broke out in Barnachal locality in city�s Bamunimaidam area around 11.15 am today, destroying property worth several lakh rupees. However, no one was injured in the fire.
The fire is suspected to have caused by the bursting of a cooking gas cylinder, though official confirmation is still awaited. Over fifteen small houses rented inside the campus of Pradeep Kumar Das were gutted in the fire.
Fire tenders were rushed to the spot and it took them more than two hours to douse the inferno.
Eye-witnesses stated that they heard several sounds of cylinders bursting and the fire tenders had to undergo a lot of trouble to reach the place through some narrow alleys.