Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

PMAY fails miserably in Nalbari district

By Ramen kalita
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo

NALBARI, July 21 - Prime Minister�s Awas Yojana (PMAY), an ambitious scheme for the poor and homeless families, has miserably failed to get desired results in Nalbari district so far.

According to official sources, 61 per cent houses allotted to the beneficiaries in the 2016-17 financial year remained incomplete in all the seven developmental blocks of the district. Sources said that as the government released the sanctioned amount to the beneficiaries through the direct benefit transfer (DBT), the beneficiaries themselves managed the construction of their houses. Due to lack of proper monitoring in the DBT system, most of the houses remained incomplete in the district, the sources added.

During that financial year, a total of 3,161 houses were sanctioned under the PMAY scheme. Of them 99.49 per cent beneficiaries got the first instalment of Rs 32,500 for the initial works of a dream house. After 36 days of receiving the amount of first instalment, 92 per cent beneficiaries got an amount of Rs 78,000 as the second instalment as per the utilisation certificate of the first instalment. The beneficiaries got Rs 1,10,500 in total in the two instalments together. However, official sources claimed that after getting the huge amount in the second instalment, 61 per cent beneficiaries did not claim the third instalment of Rs 19,500. Sources said that most of the beneficiaries misused the funds and so failed to submit the utilisation certificate to claim the third instalment amount. Therefore, only 39 per cent PMAY houses of 2016-17 financial year have been presently completed. In that financial year, of the 547 sanctioned PMAY houses only 112 were completed in Borigog-Banbhag development block, 475 houses completed of the sanctioned 1,099 houses in Barkshetri development block, 91 of 155 houses in Barbhag development block, 107 of 202 houses in Madhupur block, 128 of 447 in Paschim Nalbari development block, 157 of 279 in Pub Nalbari development block and 149 of 432 sanctioned PMAY houses in Tihu development block.

Similarly, only six per cent houses have been completed so far in the current financial year. In this year, a total of 479 houses have been sanctioned and only 27 of them have been completed. According to official reports, not a single house in Borigog-Banbhag development block has been completed against the 54 sanctioned houses. Similarly, only one house has been completed so far in Barbhag and Tihu development blocks each. On the other hand, only 19 of 250 sanctioned houses in Barkshetri development block, two houses of 30 in Madhupur block, two of sanctioned 44 houses in Paschim Nalbari block, two of 32 sanctioned houses in Pub Nalbari block have been so far completed.

Next Story
Similar Posts
PMAY fails miserably in Nalbari district

NALBARI, July 21 - Prime Minister�s Awas Yojana (PMAY), an ambitious scheme for the poor and homeless families, has miserably failed to get desired results in Nalbari district so far.

According to official sources, 61 per cent houses allotted to the beneficiaries in the 2016-17 financial year remained incomplete in all the seven developmental blocks of the district. Sources said that as the government released the sanctioned amount to the beneficiaries through the direct benefit transfer (DBT), the beneficiaries themselves managed the construction of their houses. Due to lack of proper monitoring in the DBT system, most of the houses remained incomplete in the district, the sources added.

During that financial year, a total of 3,161 houses were sanctioned under the PMAY scheme. Of them 99.49 per cent beneficiaries got the first instalment of Rs 32,500 for the initial works of a dream house. After 36 days of receiving the amount of first instalment, 92 per cent beneficiaries got an amount of Rs 78,000 as the second instalment as per the utilisation certificate of the first instalment. The beneficiaries got Rs 1,10,500 in total in the two instalments together. However, official sources claimed that after getting the huge amount in the second instalment, 61 per cent beneficiaries did not claim the third instalment of Rs 19,500. Sources said that most of the beneficiaries misused the funds and so failed to submit the utilisation certificate to claim the third instalment amount. Therefore, only 39 per cent PMAY houses of 2016-17 financial year have been presently completed. In that financial year, of the 547 sanctioned PMAY houses only 112 were completed in Borigog-Banbhag development block, 475 houses completed of the sanctioned 1,099 houses in Barkshetri development block, 91 of 155 houses in Barbhag development block, 107 of 202 houses in Madhupur block, 128 of 447 in Paschim Nalbari development block, 157 of 279 in Pub Nalbari development block and 149 of 432 sanctioned PMAY houses in Tihu development block.

Similarly, only six per cent houses have been completed so far in the current financial year. In this year, a total of 479 houses have been sanctioned and only 27 of them have been completed. According to official reports, not a single house in Borigog-Banbhag development block has been completed against the 54 sanctioned houses. Similarly, only one house has been completed so far in Barbhag and Tihu development blocks each. On the other hand, only 19 of 250 sanctioned houses in Barkshetri development block, two houses of 30 in Madhupur block, two of sanctioned 44 houses in Paschim Nalbari block, two of 32 sanctioned houses in Pub Nalbari block have been so far completed.