SILCHAR, Sept 28: One person was injured when the office of a private insurance agency was gutted in a fire at a multi-storied commercial building at Ambikapatty here at around 9.40 am on Saturday.
According to sources, the fire broke out in the first floor of the building which houses the office of the private insurance company.
It was learnt that the fire broke out due to a short-circuit inside the office. The building is owned by Biswajit Paul.
Fire fighters rushed to the spot with fire engines and plunged into action to douse the fire.
Meanwhile, the injured person was rushed to the nearest health centre for treatment, sources informed.