Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

NSCN-K, NNC back out of �highest-level meet�

By Correspondent
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print

DIMAPUR, March 3 � The NSCN-K and NNC have announced that their leaders Chairman SS Khaplang and Kedahke Brig (Retd) S Singnya will not be participating in the forthcoming highest level summit �in the light of the present unfortunate military offensive by NSCN-IM� in Eastern Nagaland.

This was informed in a late last night press release entitled �GPRN/NSCN & FGN/NNC clear stand on highest level summit.� However, the two outfits maintained that their faith in genuine Naga reconciliation under the aegis of Forum for Naga Reconciliation (FNR) remains undiminished, while also appealing that the highest level summit should be deferred �until military offensive and territorial expansion missions are called off by NSCN-IM.�

The statement said that the signing of the Covenant of Reconciliation by three Political Groups in June 2009 � Chairman SS Khaplang, Chairman Isak Chishi Swu and Kedahke Brig. (Retd) Singnya � had to some extent fulfilled the deepest yearning of the Naga people. However, it said it has since been �defiled� time and again while citing various incidents which, it said, were violations on the part of the NSCN-IM. Despite these, it said NSCN-K and NNC had continued the Journey of Common Hope with an undying desire for a new dawn for all Nagas.

On the proposal for the highest-level summit, which was agreed to by all political groups, the statement said the NSCN-K and NNC top leadership had been making all necessary arrangements to facilitate Chairman SS Khaplang and Kedahke Brig (Retd) S Singnya�s safe arrival.

However, it said, in the first week of February 2011, the NSCN-IM detailed a large number of its military to Eastern Nagaland �to intercept and prevent� the two leaders� possible journey to Nagaland, adding that �the order to assassinate the two signatories of COR can never be ruled out.�

Stating that whether NSCN-IM chairman Isak Chishi Swu ordered this military expedition or not is for him to clarify to the Naga people, it added that the highest-level summit entails that there should be cessation of all hostilities among Naga political groups anywhere in Naga homeland.

While appreciating Isak Chishi Swu�s call for reconciliation as reported in the local dailies, the two outfits maintained that the arrival of NSCN-IM cadres in Eastern Naga homeland nearly a month back and their military offensive motives could not be ignored.

In the backdrop of this development, the NSCN-K and NNC stated that its leaders, Chairman SS Khaplang and Kedahke Brig (Retd) S Singnya, will not be participating in the proposed highest level summit �until military offensive and territorial expansion missions are called off by NSCN-IM.�

More in Entertainment
Next Story
Similar Posts
NSCN-K, NNC back out of �highest-level meet�

DIMAPUR, March 3 � The NSCN-K and NNC have announced that their leaders Chairman SS Khaplang and Kedahke Brig (Retd) S Singnya will not be participating in the forthcoming highest level summit �in the light of the present unfortunate military offensive by NSCN-IM� in Eastern Nagaland.

This was informed in a late last night press release entitled �GPRN/NSCN & FGN/NNC clear stand on highest level summit.� However, the two outfits maintained that their faith in genuine Naga reconciliation under the aegis of Forum for Naga Reconciliation (FNR) remains undiminished, while also appealing that the highest level summit should be deferred �until military offensive and territorial expansion missions are called off by NSCN-IM.�

The statement said that the signing of the Covenant of Reconciliation by three Political Groups in June 2009 � Chairman SS Khaplang, Chairman Isak Chishi Swu and Kedahke Brig. (Retd) Singnya � had to some extent fulfilled the deepest yearning of the Naga people. However, it said it has since been �defiled� time and again while citing various incidents which, it said, were violations on the part of the NSCN-IM. Despite these, it said NSCN-K and NNC had continued the Journey of Common Hope with an undying desire for a new dawn for all Nagas.

On the proposal for the highest-level summit, which was agreed to by all political groups, the statement said the NSCN-K and NNC top leadership had been making all necessary arrangements to facilitate Chairman SS Khaplang and Kedahke Brig (Retd) S Singnya�s safe arrival.

However, it said, in the first week of February 2011, the NSCN-IM detailed a large number of its military to Eastern Nagaland �to intercept and prevent� the two leaders� possible journey to Nagaland, adding that �the order to assassinate the two signatories of COR can never be ruled out.�

Stating that whether NSCN-IM chairman Isak Chishi Swu ordered this military expedition or not is for him to clarify to the Naga people, it added that the highest-level summit entails that there should be cessation of all hostilities among Naga political groups anywhere in Naga homeland.

While appreciating Isak Chishi Swu�s call for reconciliation as reported in the local dailies, the two outfits maintained that the arrival of NSCN-IM cadres in Eastern Naga homeland nearly a month back and their military offensive motives could not be ignored.

In the backdrop of this development, the NSCN-K and NNC stated that its leaders, Chairman SS Khaplang and Kedahke Brig (Retd) S Singnya, will not be participating in the proposed highest level summit �until military offensive and territorial expansion missions are called off by NSCN-IM.�

More in Entertainment
Similar Posts