Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Major fire at IISER in Pune; one student suffers minor injuries

By PTI
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print

Pune, Jul 16: A major fire broke out at one of the laboratories at the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) here on Friday, in which one student suffered minor injuries, officials said.

The blaze erupted around 12.15 pm, chief of the Pune Municipal Corporation's fire department, Prashant Ranpise, said.

"We have sent water tankers to the institute and the work of dousing the fire is going on," he said.

An official of the IISER, which located in Pashan area of the city, said that the fire broke out at one of the labs in the chemistry department of the main building.

"The reason behind the fire is yet to be known and the fire department personnel are working to bring it under control," she said.

No casualty has been reported and nobody is trapped inside. But one student sustained minor burns in the incident, she added.

More in Entertainment
Next Story
Similar Posts
Major fire at IISER in Pune; one student suffers minor injuries

Pune, Jul 16: A major fire broke out at one of the laboratories at the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) here on Friday, in which one student suffered minor injuries, officials said.

The blaze erupted around 12.15 pm, chief of the Pune Municipal Corporation's fire department, Prashant Ranpise, said.

"We have sent water tankers to the institute and the work of dousing the fire is going on," he said.

An official of the IISER, which located in Pashan area of the city, said that the fire broke out at one of the labs in the chemistry department of the main building.

"The reason behind the fire is yet to be known and the fire department personnel are working to bring it under control," she said.

No casualty has been reported and nobody is trapped inside. But one student sustained minor burns in the incident, she added.

More in Entertainment
Similar Posts