Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Mizoram extends total lockdown for two weeks as virus cases rise

By Correspondent
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print

AIZAWL, June 8 - The Mizoram government has resolved to enforce complete lockdown for another two weeks as COVID-19 positive cases reached 41, an official source stated.

The decision was taken at a chief minister-chaired meeting attended by Cabinet ministers, MLAs, top government officials, doctors and representatives of churches and NGOs.

�The complete lockdown will start from 12:00 am of June 9 for two weeks. Area-based guidelines will be issued soon,� an official said.

The meeting also decided to extend quarantine period from the existing 14 days to 21 days.

�Home quarantine option will be limited to only extreme unavoidable cases,� the official said.

The government had earlier allowed home quarantine for those who have facility at home, provided they strictly follow standard operation procedures. There have been one or two incidents of breach of quarantine rules by those under home quarantine, thus putting the community at risk.

Extreme unavoidable cases apply to those with other illnesses and who are unable to mingle with others in community quarantine centres.

In the meantime, the number of active COVID-19 cases in Mizoram today rose to 41 after eight persons, including five women, who recently returned from New Delhi, tested positive on Sunday night.

The eight fresh cases were found from 244 samples tested on Sunday, an official said today.

Five of them are residents of Champhai district, two from Khawzawl district and one from Siaha district. They are aged between 21 to 30.

The official said the new patients are quarantinees and asymptomatic. They are admitted to covid care centres in their respective districts and are out of danger, said the official.

With this, Mizoram has 41 active cases, 25 females and 16 males, and one recovered case.

Thirty-eight of them are Delhi returnees, while two and one returned from Kolkata and Gujarat respectively. The recovered patient had a travel history to Netherlands.

More in Entertainment
Next Story
Similar Posts
Mizoram extends total lockdown for two weeks as virus cases rise

AIZAWL, June 8 - The Mizoram government has resolved to enforce complete lockdown for another two weeks as COVID-19 positive cases reached 41, an official source stated.

The decision was taken at a chief minister-chaired meeting attended by Cabinet ministers, MLAs, top government officials, doctors and representatives of churches and NGOs.

�The complete lockdown will start from 12:00 am of June 9 for two weeks. Area-based guidelines will be issued soon,� an official said.

The meeting also decided to extend quarantine period from the existing 14 days to 21 days.

�Home quarantine option will be limited to only extreme unavoidable cases,� the official said.

The government had earlier allowed home quarantine for those who have facility at home, provided they strictly follow standard operation procedures. There have been one or two incidents of breach of quarantine rules by those under home quarantine, thus putting the community at risk.

Extreme unavoidable cases apply to those with other illnesses and who are unable to mingle with others in community quarantine centres.

In the meantime, the number of active COVID-19 cases in Mizoram today rose to 41 after eight persons, including five women, who recently returned from New Delhi, tested positive on Sunday night.

The eight fresh cases were found from 244 samples tested on Sunday, an official said today.

Five of them are residents of Champhai district, two from Khawzawl district and one from Siaha district. They are aged between 21 to 30.

The official said the new patients are quarantinees and asymptomatic. They are admitted to covid care centres in their respective districts and are out of danger, said the official.

With this, Mizoram has 41 active cases, 25 females and 16 males, and one recovered case.

Thirty-eight of them are Delhi returnees, while two and one returned from Kolkata and Gujarat respectively. The recovered patient had a travel history to Netherlands.

More in Entertainment
Similar Posts