Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Mizoram copter service launched

By Newmai News
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo

AIZAWL, Aug 14 � The much-awaited Mizoram helicopter service was officially launched today by Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla at Thuampui helipad here.

In his inaugural address, Lal Thanhawla spoke of the necessity of the chopper service for a place like Mizoram which still lacks in proper infrastructure, transport and communication system.

Pawan Hans managing director MP Singh said that the best possible service will be rendered to the people of Mizoram, adding that the same service is rendered in Meghalaya, Sikkim, Tripura, Nicobar and Lakshadweep.

The service will connect nine different places of Mizoram from its main centre at Aizawl. Wet leasing of the helicopter for one year is Rs 1,308 lakhs, of which 25 per cent (Rs 327 lakhs) will be given by Mizoram Government, and the rest 75 per cent (Rs 981 lakhs) is to be given by the Union Ministry of Home Affairs.

The passenger service will formally start from August 16.

More in Entertainment
Next Story
Similar Posts
Mizoram copter service launched

AIZAWL, Aug 14 � The much-awaited Mizoram helicopter service was officially launched today by Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla at Thuampui helipad here.

In his inaugural address, Lal Thanhawla spoke of the necessity of the chopper service for a place like Mizoram which still lacks in proper infrastructure, transport and communication system.

Pawan Hans managing director MP Singh said that the best possible service will be rendered to the people of Mizoram, adding that the same service is rendered in Meghalaya, Sikkim, Tripura, Nicobar and Lakshadweep.

The service will connect nine different places of Mizoram from its main centre at Aizawl. Wet leasing of the helicopter for one year is Rs 1,308 lakhs, of which 25 per cent (Rs 327 lakhs) will be given by Mizoram Government, and the rest 75 per cent (Rs 981 lakhs) is to be given by the Union Ministry of Home Affairs.

The passenger service will formally start from August 16.

More in Entertainment
Similar Posts