Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Meghalaya Govt seeks probe into migrant worker�s death in Agra

By Staff correspondent
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo

SHILLONG, April 1 - A migrant worker from Meghalaya has allegedly committed suicide at Agra in Uttar Pradesh after being terminated from service in the aftermath of the outbreak of COVID-19 in the country.

The victim has been identified as Aldrin Lyngdoh, who reportedly committed suicide at his rented residence in Agra on March 30.

Meghalaya Chief Secretary MS Rao has already written to his Uttar Pradesh counterpart, seeking an inquiry into the incident and appropriate action. In his letter, Rao said that the deceased had mentioned in a social media post that he had been working at �Sikandar Kargil and Food Court� restaurant.

According to the post, Lyngdoh was terminated from service by the restaurant owner, Seema Chaudhury. The Meghalaya Chief Secretary termed this a violation of the Government order No. 40-3 2020 DM-1 (A) dated March 29 issued by the Union Home Ministry.

The order specifically mentions that all employers must pay wages of their workers at their workplaces on due dates without any deduction for the period their establishments are under closure during lockdown.

�I therefore request you to kindly get the matter investigated and if found true, take necessary action against the concerned employer as per provisions of law,� Rao wrote.

More in Entertainment
Next Story
Similar Posts
Meghalaya Govt seeks probe into migrant worker�s death in Agra

SHILLONG, April 1 - A migrant worker from Meghalaya has allegedly committed suicide at Agra in Uttar Pradesh after being terminated from service in the aftermath of the outbreak of COVID-19 in the country.

The victim has been identified as Aldrin Lyngdoh, who reportedly committed suicide at his rented residence in Agra on March 30.

Meghalaya Chief Secretary MS Rao has already written to his Uttar Pradesh counterpart, seeking an inquiry into the incident and appropriate action. In his letter, Rao said that the deceased had mentioned in a social media post that he had been working at �Sikandar Kargil and Food Court� restaurant.

According to the post, Lyngdoh was terminated from service by the restaurant owner, Seema Chaudhury. The Meghalaya Chief Secretary termed this a violation of the Government order No. 40-3 2020 DM-1 (A) dated March 29 issued by the Union Home Ministry.

The order specifically mentions that all employers must pay wages of their workers at their workplaces on due dates without any deduction for the period their establishments are under closure during lockdown.

�I therefore request you to kindly get the matter investigated and if found true, take necessary action against the concerned employer as per provisions of law,� Rao wrote.

More in Entertainment
Similar Posts