GUWAHATI, Jan 5 - A major fire broke out in a storehouse of disposable items located at Kamala Market in Fancy Bazar area around 11.40 am today.
As soon as smoke started emanating, a sense of panic struck those occupying the multi-storeyed building, including shopkeepers and residents.
Officials in the State Fire Service Organisation informed that the fire could be the result of a short circuit in the storehouse of plastic items.
�As many as five fire tenders were rushed to the spot and it took them nearly two hours to douse the fire,� sources said.
Police, meanwhile, said that no one was injured in the incident.