KOLKATA, Jan 21 (PTI): The Kochi franchise has denied reports that it is in talks with the IPL discard Sourav Ganguly for a place in the team in the fourth edition of the Indian Premier League. �It�s not true at all. We are not in talks with Ganguly, so the question of his involvement with the side does not arise,� co-owner of the Kochi team Satyajit Gaekwad told PTI.
Media reports had said that the Kochi IPL had contacted other teams to get a no-objection certificate (NOC) from them to rope in the former India captain, who did not find any takers in the IPL auction, held earlier this month.
As per the IPL rule, Ganguly can again be part of the IPL through an open bidding process if all the 10 franchises have no objection to the move. The Kochi team owned by Rendezvous Sports has the likes of Brendon McCullum, Brad Hodge, Owais Shah, Mahela Jayawardene and Muttiah Muralitharan, besides the only Indian capped batsman V VS Laxman, in their line-up.