Dr Sailen Das
A good personality is an asset for any person. It distinguishes you from other people, and, defines your nature. Your overall personality is composed of a collection of psychological traits which determines your personal and individual behaviour. How you introduce yourself to others is very important. In fact, introducing oneself is an art. In other words, your identity is based on your behaviour. Let’s go through a few points regarding how to introduce yourself:
1. Communicate coherently: While communicating, you should speak slowly, avoid slang words, and be supportive. Communicate your contribution. Try to make a good impression among fellow people through your effective communication.
2. Positive attitude: Having a positive attitude means being optimistic about situations, interactions, and yourself. If you are looking for a boost in life, make it colourful. You have to be positive in your approach, thoughts, and, every little thing in life. Self-confidence is a powerful trait, so, develop it and stick to it. Exude positivity with your attitude.
3. Be confident: Self-confidence is key to success, so, own it and rock it. Have faith in yourself. Move forward with confidence. What others say about you should not affect your personality. You should have confidence that makes you feel sure about yourself and your abilities. Self-confidence is the primary force of strength for a strong personality. Believing in yourself helps maintain a positive approach.
4. Use simple and short sentences: Simplicity means the state of being uncomplicated. In this world, everyone is busy with their goals and work life. Avoid using long and difficult words during conversations. By using simple words and sentences, people can engage other listeners and speakers in a healthy conversation.
5. Use good body language: Body language can include postures, hand gestures, and facial expressions. Positive body language is very important as it helps a person in being more assertive, and, to put forward their opinions more easily. It helps in boosting the morale of a person, and, thus, promoting a strong team spirit.
Your subconscious mind is the one with infinite intelligence and wisdom. Thus, focussing closely on learning and improving your thinking can help you in introducing yourself confidently to others.