Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Glassware explodes inside AU lab, 4 injured

By Correspondent
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print

SILCHAR, March 11 - Four students of MSc second semester in the Department of Chemistry at Assam University here sustained grave injuries after a beaker in the laboratory exploded during their practical work on Wednesday.

Talking to The Assam Tribune, Professor Paritosh Mandal, Head of the Department of Chemistry, informed that Dipasha Sengupta, one among the four students who sustained injuries in her eyes, has been referred to Sri Sankaradeva Nethralaya in Guwahati by the doctors of Silchar Medical College and Hospital (SMCH).

�The incident took place around 12 noon when the glassware exploded owing to overheating. Dipasha along with Panchatapa Sen, Tanmoy Saha and Saurav Paul were immediately rushed to the varsity�s health centre for first aid. Later, the injured students were taken to SMCH. Another student has been kept under medical observation while two others were released after preliminary treatment,� Professor Mandal said.

Regarding the incident, Dr Mandal said wearing eye gears during laboratory experiments and following safety measures are mandatory for all students. The four students also followed the same but the incident was extremely unfortunate, the HoD maintained.

Biswaroop Bhattacharjee, president of the varsity�s student union, said the students and the members of the union extended support to the injured students.

More in Entertainment
Next Story
Similar Posts
Glassware explodes inside AU lab, 4 injured

SILCHAR, March 11 - Four students of MSc second semester in the Department of Chemistry at Assam University here sustained grave injuries after a beaker in the laboratory exploded during their practical work on Wednesday.

Talking to The Assam Tribune, Professor Paritosh Mandal, Head of the Department of Chemistry, informed that Dipasha Sengupta, one among the four students who sustained injuries in her eyes, has been referred to Sri Sankaradeva Nethralaya in Guwahati by the doctors of Silchar Medical College and Hospital (SMCH).

�The incident took place around 12 noon when the glassware exploded owing to overheating. Dipasha along with Panchatapa Sen, Tanmoy Saha and Saurav Paul were immediately rushed to the varsity�s health centre for first aid. Later, the injured students were taken to SMCH. Another student has been kept under medical observation while two others were released after preliminary treatment,� Professor Mandal said.

Regarding the incident, Dr Mandal said wearing eye gears during laboratory experiments and following safety measures are mandatory for all students. The four students also followed the same but the incident was extremely unfortunate, the HoD maintained.

Biswaroop Bhattacharjee, president of the varsity�s student union, said the students and the members of the union extended support to the injured students.

More in Entertainment
Similar Posts