SILCHAR, Dec 1 - In an incident that raised concerns over the safety of patients at the Silchar Medical College and Hospital, a fire broke out at the High Definition room adjacent to the General ICU of the hospital on Friday midnight.
Dr Babul Bezbaruah, Principal of the hospital however said that situation has been brought under control and four patients were immediately shifted out of the ICU to the alternative ICUs of the hospital. �Fire broke out due to a short circuit in the AC of at the HD room close to the six-bed ICU. But we took no chances and shifted four patients at the ICU of Trauma Centre. Situation has been brought under control,� Dr Bezbaruah told The Assam Tribune on Saturday. However, he informed that the affected ICU shall be kept closed for next four days for fumigation and restoration of power supply.