GUWAHATI, Dec 11 - A massive fire broke out at Bakrapara locality under Basistha police station today. However, no injuries or casualties were reported.
A Fire and Emergency Services official said the fire broke out at around 10 am on a campus where four families stay in a rented thatched house owned by one Shyamal Saha.
�We received a call at 10:52 am, nearly an hour after the incident had occurred. More than 70 per cent damage was already done before we reached the spot. Three fire tenders were pressed into service and it took around an hour to douse the fire,� the source said.
�An electrical short-circuit is believed to have caused the fire that further led to the explosion of two full LPG cylinders. All the belongings were destroyed in the fire,� the official added. A two-wheeler of the owner parked near the rooms was also damaged in the fire.