Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Eviction drive in Karbi Anglong continues

By Correspondent
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo

DIPHU, July 21 � In the continuing eviction drive being carried out by the Karbi Anglong district administration along the Assam-Nagaland border, which is shared by the Karbi Anglong district and the suburban areas of the Dimapur town of Nagaland, there has been continuous firing and a violent backlash by the dispossessed people of Nagaland. Security personnel have been supporting the demolition drive of the Karbi Anglong district administration.

According to a source, the bodies of two men, believed to have been driven away during the eviction operation, were seen being taken away by the evicted people who are waging a grim battle against the Assam Government forces since the launch of the eviction.

Meanwhile, the Additional Superintendent of Police of Karbi Anglong, Bolin Deuri said that the bullet-ridden body of a suspected Naga intruder involved in the clash between the security forces and the expelled people of Nagaland had been recovered. The identity of the deceased could not be established by the Assam Police till the filing of this report. One 303 Lee Enfield rifle, one 7.65 pistol, one 12-bore double barrel gun, one AK-47 rifle and eight rounds of 303 ammunition were recovered from the place where the body was retrieved. The body has been sent to Diphu for autopsy.

Around 400 settlements have been demolished in nearly four places along the border by the security forces and the Forest Department, led by the Superintendent of Police of Karbi Anglong MJ Deva Mahanta, since Saturday. The operation is being carried out in areas controlled by the Rangapahar, Kanshiram, Lahorijan, Daijungphara, Misibailim and Sankartila border police outposts and at Dekhaw village in particular where large-scale intrusion has taken place.

More in Entertainment
Next Story
Similar Posts
Eviction drive in Karbi Anglong continues

DIPHU, July 21 � In the continuing eviction drive being carried out by the Karbi Anglong district administration along the Assam-Nagaland border, which is shared by the Karbi Anglong district and the suburban areas of the Dimapur town of Nagaland, there has been continuous firing and a violent backlash by the dispossessed people of Nagaland. Security personnel have been supporting the demolition drive of the Karbi Anglong district administration.

According to a source, the bodies of two men, believed to have been driven away during the eviction operation, were seen being taken away by the evicted people who are waging a grim battle against the Assam Government forces since the launch of the eviction.

Meanwhile, the Additional Superintendent of Police of Karbi Anglong, Bolin Deuri said that the bullet-ridden body of a suspected Naga intruder involved in the clash between the security forces and the expelled people of Nagaland had been recovered. The identity of the deceased could not be established by the Assam Police till the filing of this report. One 303 Lee Enfield rifle, one 7.65 pistol, one 12-bore double barrel gun, one AK-47 rifle and eight rounds of 303 ammunition were recovered from the place where the body was retrieved. The body has been sent to Diphu for autopsy.

Around 400 settlements have been demolished in nearly four places along the border by the security forces and the Forest Department, led by the Superintendent of Police of Karbi Anglong MJ Deva Mahanta, since Saturday. The operation is being carried out in areas controlled by the Rangapahar, Kanshiram, Lahorijan, Daijungphara, Misibailim and Sankartila border police outposts and at Dekhaw village in particular where large-scale intrusion has taken place.

More in Entertainment
Similar Posts