DIMAPUR, Sept 6 - An elderly couple was charred to death in a fire incident at Ungma village in Mokokchung district.
According to family sources, the fire broke out at around 3 am yesterday from their house while they were asleep. The fire engulfed the entire house before the neighbours came to rescue them but it was too late.
It was reported that the husband aged 100 years and his wife 92 were found dead holding each other. The villagers reportedly prevented further spread of the fire with their timely action. Two houses were burnt to ashes in the incident. The fire was suspected to have started from the kitchen.