Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Don�t have an answer right now, Ganguly on IPL

By The Assam Tribune
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print

NEW DELHI, March 24: BCCI president Sourav Ganguly on Tuesday said he �doesn�t have an answer� on the fate of this year�s Indian Premier League (IPL) amid a nationwide lockdown to combat the COVID-19 pandemic.

The BCCI suspended the IPL, originally scheduled from March 29, to April 15 after government suspended all visas, barring few categories like diplomatic and employment, making it impossible for foreign players to participate.

Amid the ongoing complete lockdown, it is becoming increasingly difficult for all the stakeholders to work out an alternate plan. COVID-19 has so far claimed 11 lives in India along with 500-plus positive cases.

�I can�t say anything at the moment. We are at the same place where we were on the day we postponed. Nothing has changed in the last 10 days. So, I don�t have an answer to it. Status quo remains,� Ganguly told PTI in an exclusive interaction.

The former India captain also ruled out any possibility of something being planned three or four months down the line considering the prevailing situation worldwide.

�You can�t plan anything. The FTP is scheduled. It�s there and you can�t change the FTP. All around the world, cricket and more so sports has stopped,� he said.

He also expressed his doubts on whether the current situation can be covered by insurance to make up for the losses that all stakeholders will suffer.

�I am not sure whether you can get insurance money. Because this is a government lockdown. I am not sure whether a government lockdown is covered by insurance or not.

�We will have to see. We have not assessed all these things. At this point of time, it is very difficult for me to give any concrete answer,� the charismatic former batsman said.

The world�s richest cricket board has not yet pledged any donations to fight the COVID-19 pandemic. Ganguly said he will have a discussion with secretary Jay Shah to figure out the best possible option.

�I haven�t had a discussion with Jay. Let�s see. We will assess the situation, follow directives and see what happens,� he said.

The former CAB president also said that if the state government wants, the Eden Gardens Indoor facility and the players dormitory could be provided to create a temporary medical facility just as the Pondicherry cricket association has offered to do. � PTI

More in Entertainment
Next Story
Similar Posts
Don�t have an answer right now, Ganguly on IPL

NEW DELHI, March 24: BCCI president Sourav Ganguly on Tuesday said he �doesn�t have an answer� on the fate of this year�s Indian Premier League (IPL) amid a nationwide lockdown to combat the COVID-19 pandemic.

The BCCI suspended the IPL, originally scheduled from March 29, to April 15 after government suspended all visas, barring few categories like diplomatic and employment, making it impossible for foreign players to participate.

Amid the ongoing complete lockdown, it is becoming increasingly difficult for all the stakeholders to work out an alternate plan. COVID-19 has so far claimed 11 lives in India along with 500-plus positive cases.

�I can�t say anything at the moment. We are at the same place where we were on the day we postponed. Nothing has changed in the last 10 days. So, I don�t have an answer to it. Status quo remains,� Ganguly told PTI in an exclusive interaction.

The former India captain also ruled out any possibility of something being planned three or four months down the line considering the prevailing situation worldwide.

�You can�t plan anything. The FTP is scheduled. It�s there and you can�t change the FTP. All around the world, cricket and more so sports has stopped,� he said.

He also expressed his doubts on whether the current situation can be covered by insurance to make up for the losses that all stakeholders will suffer.

�I am not sure whether you can get insurance money. Because this is a government lockdown. I am not sure whether a government lockdown is covered by insurance or not.

�We will have to see. We have not assessed all these things. At this point of time, it is very difficult for me to give any concrete answer,� the charismatic former batsman said.

The world�s richest cricket board has not yet pledged any donations to fight the COVID-19 pandemic. Ganguly said he will have a discussion with secretary Jay Shah to figure out the best possible option.

�I haven�t had a discussion with Jay. Let�s see. We will assess the situation, follow directives and see what happens,� he said.

The former CAB president also said that if the state government wants, the Eden Gardens Indoor facility and the players dormitory could be provided to create a temporary medical facility just as the Pondicherry cricket association has offered to do. � PTI

More in Entertainment
Similar Posts