Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Dimapur massacre victims compensated

By Correspondent
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo

DIMAPUR, June 11 � The horror of Pachaspura killings in Dimapur unearthed on January 4 earlier this year with the recovery of nine highly decomposed bodies of Karbis was revisited today.

At a moving ceremony, members of the bereaved families of the victims of those murdered in cold blood finally received monetary compensation of Rs one lakh each from the Nagaland government. The formal award ceremony was held in the Dimapur DC�s office premises.

Empathizing with the victims� families, Dimapur DC N Hushili Sema Hushili recalled their anguish on receiving the bodies of their loved ones after that fateful day. She said the incident on January 4 is amongst the most unfortunate incidents caused by unwanted anti-social elements in recent years. The DC said the incident had no hands of the people of Nagaland.

Kajok Taropi, the 19-year-old widow of Thengtom Singnai, was among the nine persons who received the compensation today. Taropi said the last time she spoke to her husband was on December 28, 2013. He said he was on his way home for the New Year holiday.

Kajok was married to Thengtom for a little over a year. She now lives with her parents along with her 10-month-old baby.

The occasion was fraught with a mixture of grief for the families on losing their loved ones but at the same time they were moved by the support and attention extended to them by the Nagaland government.

Members of the Karbi Anglong Peace Forum (KAPF), who were also present to witness the occasion, on behalf of the families thanked the Nagaland government for reaching out to the bereaved families.

They were appreciative of the tireless efforts throughout the investigation process. The members expressed hope that such unity should not only surface in time of conflicts and problems but even during happy times as there is much to learn from each other to bring peace and harmony.

The Naga Hoho members, who were present during the ceremony, said the �ferocious exterior� of Nagas belie their deep yearn for peace and tranquility.

One of the members described the occasion as a �blessing in disguise� and encouraged the guests from the neighboring state to build a bridge together for a better tomorrow.

Dimapur Superintendent of Police VZ Angami assured the gathering that investigations are continuing to provide justice to all the nine victims from Karbi Anglong.

He said three accused have been arrested so far while further investigations are on. The investigation will continue till justice is delivered to the bereaved families, he asserted and added that necessary law will take its course for all the accused involved in the January 4 massacre.

More in Entertainment
Next Story
Similar Posts
Dimapur massacre victims compensated

DIMAPUR, June 11 � The horror of Pachaspura killings in Dimapur unearthed on January 4 earlier this year with the recovery of nine highly decomposed bodies of Karbis was revisited today.

At a moving ceremony, members of the bereaved families of the victims of those murdered in cold blood finally received monetary compensation of Rs one lakh each from the Nagaland government. The formal award ceremony was held in the Dimapur DC�s office premises.

Empathizing with the victims� families, Dimapur DC N Hushili Sema Hushili recalled their anguish on receiving the bodies of their loved ones after that fateful day. She said the incident on January 4 is amongst the most unfortunate incidents caused by unwanted anti-social elements in recent years. The DC said the incident had no hands of the people of Nagaland.

Kajok Taropi, the 19-year-old widow of Thengtom Singnai, was among the nine persons who received the compensation today. Taropi said the last time she spoke to her husband was on December 28, 2013. He said he was on his way home for the New Year holiday.

Kajok was married to Thengtom for a little over a year. She now lives with her parents along with her 10-month-old baby.

The occasion was fraught with a mixture of grief for the families on losing their loved ones but at the same time they were moved by the support and attention extended to them by the Nagaland government.

Members of the Karbi Anglong Peace Forum (KAPF), who were also present to witness the occasion, on behalf of the families thanked the Nagaland government for reaching out to the bereaved families.

They were appreciative of the tireless efforts throughout the investigation process. The members expressed hope that such unity should not only surface in time of conflicts and problems but even during happy times as there is much to learn from each other to bring peace and harmony.

The Naga Hoho members, who were present during the ceremony, said the �ferocious exterior� of Nagas belie their deep yearn for peace and tranquility.

One of the members described the occasion as a �blessing in disguise� and encouraged the guests from the neighboring state to build a bridge together for a better tomorrow.

Dimapur Superintendent of Police VZ Angami assured the gathering that investigations are continuing to provide justice to all the nine victims from Karbi Anglong.

He said three accused have been arrested so far while further investigations are on. The investigation will continue till justice is delivered to the bereaved families, he asserted and added that necessary law will take its course for all the accused involved in the January 4 massacre.

More in Entertainment
Similar Posts