Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

COVID-19 positive cases in State touch 20

By Staff Reporter

GUWAHATI, April 3 - Four more patients tested positive for COVID-19 today, taking the total number of positive cases in the State to 20. Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said these four people were also associated with the Tablighi Jamaat event at Nizamuddin Markaz held in Delhi last month.

Three of these hail from Shambli district of Uttar Pradesh and were part of a 11-member Markaz delegation which had visited Assam for the purpose of preaching.

The other one is from South Salmara.

�A few more persons remain to be traced and we are doing the needful,� he said.

Those from Uttar Pradesh have been quarantined at the makeshift facility at Sarusajai and are being shifted to MMCH for treatment after they tested positive.

The fourth member of the delegation, Arshad Ali, had earlier tested positive. He is being treated at a local health centre at Hatsingimari.

The Markaz delegation reached Assam on March 21-22, the Health Minister said.

Sarma today visited Golaghat Civil Hospital along with Minister of State Pijush Hazarika, Agriculture Minister Atul Bora to enquire about the 8 COVID patients there and interacted with officials of district administration and health department.

Of the 20 positive cases, only two are showing symptoms but all are being given treatment, Sarma said. �Some think that since they are not showing any symptom, they should be discharged. But they must understand that they are carriers of the virus and they can infect others,� he said.

The Health Minister also warned people in quarantine facilities to refrain from any behaviour, including spitting, which could lead to transmission of the virus to others.

On allegations made through audio clips � circulated on social media � of inadequate medical treatment to some of the patients, Sarma said all treatment procedure of the patients is being video-recorded and he himself is monitoring every aspect, including their diet.

Our Nalbari Correspondent adds: Nalbari DC Bharat Bhusan Dev Choudhury said that the three new confirmed COVID-19 patients are Md Hanif, Md Shahrukh and Md Rijuwana. He said that the 11-member team and 40 others who came in contact with those persons were quarantined at the Nalbari Swahid Mukunda Kakati Civil Hospital and have been shifted to the quarantine camp in Guwahati (Sarusajai) amid tight security.

Since the detection of the first COVID-19 positive case in the district, the administration had completely sealed the entire area on the evening of March 31.

The area, which has since remained cordoned off, has today been sanitised by spraying of disinfectant.

The district administration will arrange food for around 700 persons of 80 families of the cordoned-off Mollapara area tomorrow.

Next Story
Similar Posts

— Dalai Lama(THIS IS STATIC)

COVID-19 positive cases in State touch 20

GUWAHATI, April 3 - Four more patients tested positive for COVID-19 today, taking the total number of positive cases in the State to 20. Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said these four people were also associated with the Tablighi Jamaat event at Nizamuddin Markaz held in Delhi last month.

Three of these hail from Shambli district of Uttar Pradesh and were part of a 11-member Markaz delegation which had visited Assam for the purpose of preaching.

The other one is from South Salmara.

�A few more persons remain to be traced and we are doing the needful,� he said.

Those from Uttar Pradesh have been quarantined at the makeshift facility at Sarusajai and are being shifted to MMCH for treatment after they tested positive.

The fourth member of the delegation, Arshad Ali, had earlier tested positive. He is being treated at a local health centre at Hatsingimari.

The Markaz delegation reached Assam on March 21-22, the Health Minister said.

Sarma today visited Golaghat Civil Hospital along with Minister of State Pijush Hazarika, Agriculture Minister Atul Bora to enquire about the 8 COVID patients there and interacted with officials of district administration and health department.

Of the 20 positive cases, only two are showing symptoms but all are being given treatment, Sarma said. �Some think that since they are not showing any symptom, they should be discharged. But they must understand that they are carriers of the virus and they can infect others,� he said.

The Health Minister also warned people in quarantine facilities to refrain from any behaviour, including spitting, which could lead to transmission of the virus to others.

On allegations made through audio clips � circulated on social media � of inadequate medical treatment to some of the patients, Sarma said all treatment procedure of the patients is being video-recorded and he himself is monitoring every aspect, including their diet.

Our Nalbari Correspondent adds: Nalbari DC Bharat Bhusan Dev Choudhury said that the three new confirmed COVID-19 patients are Md Hanif, Md Shahrukh and Md Rijuwana. He said that the 11-member team and 40 others who came in contact with those persons were quarantined at the Nalbari Swahid Mukunda Kakati Civil Hospital and have been shifted to the quarantine camp in Guwahati (Sarusajai) amid tight security.

Since the detection of the first COVID-19 positive case in the district, the administration had completely sealed the entire area on the evening of March 31.

The area, which has since remained cordoned off, has today been sanitised by spraying of disinfectant.

The district administration will arrange food for around 700 persons of 80 families of the cordoned-off Mollapara area tomorrow.

Similar Posts

— Dalai Lama(THIS IS STATIC)