GUWAHATI, Nov 16 - Passengers of the Indore-Kamakhya Express had a close shave today when the train suffered from break binding after one of the axles of a coach overheated.
The incident took place at around 11.20 am near the Assam-West Bengal border.
The station master of the Kamakhyaguri railway station noticed smoke coming out from the axle and raised an alarm. The train was stopped at the Jorai station.
�Fire brigade personnel with three fire extinguishers were pressed into service to douse the smoke. The train was stopped at Jorai for over an hour and the �break binding�, which had occurred due to the hot axle, was repaired. Later, the train departed for Kamakhya,� said Nripen Bhattacharya, public relations officer of NF Railway.
There were no injuries to any passengers or railway staff, he added.