NEW DELHI, Aug 5 - The Centre today issued a notification asking the CBI to probe the death of Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput, that occurred in June at his Mumbai residence, officials said.
A copy of the notification has been sent to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) asking it to probe the case, they said.
�A notification has been issued by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) paving way for the CBI probe in Rajput�s death case,� a senior official said.
The move comes after the Bihar government on Tuesday recommended a CBI probe to the Centre in the sensational case at the request of Rajput�s father.
Rajput, aged 34, was found hanging from the ceiling of his apartment in suburban Bandra in Mumbai on June 14 and since then Mumbai police has been probing the case keeping in mind various angles.
While hearing a case in connection with the actor�s death, the Supreme Court on Wednesday said the truth behind the death of the �gifted and talented artist� should come out.
Solicitor General Tushar Mehta, appearing for the Centre, told the court that the Bihar government�s recommendation has been accepted and the case has been transferred to the CBI. � PTI