Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Centre declares NSCN(K) as terror outfit

By Spl Correspondent
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print

NEW DELHI, Nov 16 - The Centre has declared the National Socialist Council of Nagaland (Khaplang), (NSCN-K), all its formations and front organisations as a terrorist organisation under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967, official sources said.

A Gazette notification issued on November 6 mentions that the NSCN(K), a militant outfit, came into existence in 1988 and is active along the Indo-Myanmar border.

NSCN(K) has resorted to terrorism by killing innocent civilians and security forces and engaged in other violent activities, including the June 4 attack on an Army convoy in Chandel district of Manipur.

Earlier on September 17, the Centre had decided to ban NSCN(K) for five years. The decision to ban the outfit was taken at a Cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

�The NSCN(K) responsible for explosions, ambushes and bombings has been declared as an unlawful organisation for a period of five years,� Communications Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad told newsmen.

�This has been done based on objective evidence,� he said, adding that the Centre is in favour of holding a dialogue with all NorthEast insurgent groups.

The decision had come days after the National Investigation Agency (NIA) declared a reward of Rs 7 lakh for information on S Khaplang, believed to be in Taga, a border town in Myanmar, and Rs 10 lakh for one of his deputies Niki Sumi, for their role in the Manipur ambush. � PTI

More in Entertainment
Next Story
Similar Posts
Centre declares NSCN(K) as terror outfit

NEW DELHI, Nov 16 - The Centre has declared the National Socialist Council of Nagaland (Khaplang), (NSCN-K), all its formations and front organisations as a terrorist organisation under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967, official sources said.

A Gazette notification issued on November 6 mentions that the NSCN(K), a militant outfit, came into existence in 1988 and is active along the Indo-Myanmar border.

NSCN(K) has resorted to terrorism by killing innocent civilians and security forces and engaged in other violent activities, including the June 4 attack on an Army convoy in Chandel district of Manipur.

Earlier on September 17, the Centre had decided to ban NSCN(K) for five years. The decision to ban the outfit was taken at a Cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

�The NSCN(K) responsible for explosions, ambushes and bombings has been declared as an unlawful organisation for a period of five years,� Communications Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad told newsmen.

�This has been done based on objective evidence,� he said, adding that the Centre is in favour of holding a dialogue with all NorthEast insurgent groups.

The decision had come days after the National Investigation Agency (NIA) declared a reward of Rs 7 lakh for information on S Khaplang, believed to be in Taga, a border town in Myanmar, and Rs 10 lakh for one of his deputies Niki Sumi, for their role in the Manipur ambush. � PTI

More in Entertainment
Similar Posts