Key decisions taken at the Cabinet Meeting chaired by Chief Minister Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma on 09.09.2021.
1. The Cabinet mourned the tragic incident of boat accident at Nimati Ghat and extended condolences to the families of those who lost their lives.
- Additional Chief Secretary Maninder Singh is given responsibility to conduct an inquiry into the incident and submit a report within one month.
- Jorhat Police is directed to file a criminal case against those responsible for the incident.
2. Cabinet entrusted Finance Minister Ajanta Neog with the responsibility to constantly monitor the construction of Jorhat-Majuli connecting bridge and find gaps, if any. The State Government will provide any additional support required in this regard.
3. Reciprocating militant organisation Dimasa National Liberation Army's unilateral ceasefire for six months, the Cabinet decided that the State Govt would also stop its operations against the outfit for one month. During this time, members of the militant outfit cannot carry arms and make extortion demands.
4. From now onwards, police verification would not be required for those selected for appointment in government jobs. They would have to provide self-declaration which would be uploaded on a portal. If self-declarations are disputed with facts, appropriate steps would be taken against the candidate.
5. For government construction works, the royalty payable to Forest Dept for using construction materials like sand, stones etc would now be deducted from the contractors' bill and submitted in treasury. For private construction in urban areas, the fixed royalty can be paid in four instalments at the treasury.
6. Reservation for specially abled candidates in government jobs would be increased from 3% to 4%.
7. Degrees, diplomas issued by government approved distance learning institutes would now be considered at par with on-campus courses for government jobs.
8. Cabinet decided to constitute Assam State Organic Mission Agency (ASOMA). Mission Organic Value Chain Development, Assam and National Beekeeping & Honey Mission (NBHM), Assam would work under ASOMA.