Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Elephant dies due to electrocution in Assam


Guwahati, Oct 24: An adult female elephant died due to electrocution in Golaghat district of Assam on Sunday, a state government official said.

The incident took place around 4 am, and signs of burns owing to electrocution were visible, he said. A forest official said an electric post of 11 KV line was found tilted in Dholagaon Pathar near the carcass of the elephant, aged around 18 years, according to a government release.

A post-mortem examination has been conducted, it added.

Next Story