Guwahati, May 12: The government of Assam in a press conference held on Wednesday in Guwahati announced new restrictions to control the spread of coronavirus in the State. These are the additional restrictions in respect of the Urban areas and peri-urban areas within 5 km from the periphery of Municipal Corporation/Municipal Boards/ Revenue Towns. Chief Secretary Jishnu Baruah announced the following restrictions that will come into force from 5 AM of May 13:
1. All shops and commercial establishments shall shut down at 1 PM on all days
2. Weekly haats / bazaars shall not be allowed for 15 days.
3. All Educational Institutions including Schools/Colleges/Universities must provide quality virtual options. No physical classes shall be allowed for 15 days
4. All offices both Government and Non-Government shall shut down for 15 days
5. Government / semi government officers in the rank of Deputy Secretary and above and senior executives in Non-Government sector along with their key support staff will be allowed to attend office upto 1 PM only for emergency and essential works. However, organisations rendering Essential/Emergency Services, Law Enforcement Services and Election work can continue work from offices.
6. In case the test positivity of COVID-19 in any area reaches 5% or more in the last one week, District Magistrate will notify such areas as containment zone and ensure necessary containment measures for COVID-19.
7. Marriages and religious functions will be only private affairs and be allowed with presence of maximum of 10 persons. No reception parties will be allowed post or pre marriage.
8. Funeral / last rites related gatherings shall not be more than 10 persons
9. All Religious places shall remain closed for 15 days. However, the religious head of a religious place or his representative may perfom minimal religious rituals/prayers during this period of closure
10. All public transport will be allowed to operate only upto 30 per cent of seating capacity.
11. Auto Rickshaws, cycle rickshaws and taxis shall operate with one driver and two passengers.
12. Pillion riding will be totally prohibited in two wheelers, except with women and children.
13. All vehicles other than government vehicles will be allowed to ply in accordance with an odd-even formula to be decided by the jurisdictional District Disaster Management Authority between 5 AM to 2 PM.
14. There shall be total ban on movement of individuals from 2 PM to 5 AM daily except for exemptions specified in Order No. ASDMA.28/2021/63 dated May 2021.