Guwahati, Feb 8: The payment for the electricity consumed by a consumer should be paid to the respective state electricity department. In Assam, the Assam Power Distribution Company Ltd (APDCL), is a state-owned electricity regulation and distribution board operating within the state.
The APDCL has its official website through which people living in Assam can pay and view their latest electricity bill. Besides this, one can also make APDCL prepaid bill payment online and prevent late payment surcharges. One can go through all the schemes related to electricity on the site- www.apdcl.org/website
If you want to know how to pay your electricity bill both online and offline, then look no further. Below we have described the step-by-step procedure on how to pay your electricity bills.
The following details are necessary before you make your bill payment:
• Consumer Number
• Electricity Bill
• Consumer name, address, mobile number and e-mail ID
The APDCL has enabled various provisions through which a consumer can pay their bills in a hassle-free manner. The options are:
• Pay your bill in-person at the electricity office
• Pay your bill online
• Pay your bill through App
Pay your bill in person
Despite the Digital payments system is catching up for all transactions in daily life, a majority of people still prefer the conventional system of paying their electricity bills every month at their neighbourhood bill counters. Payment of bill in person involves the following steps:
• Consumers shall pay their electricity bill at their respective electricity office in their area. One can search for the nearest office, zone, sub-divisional office by checking out the link: www.apdcl.org/website/Contact
• Visit the respective division/Subdivision and pay your bill amount along with the bill and other necessary details mentioned above.
• Upon completion of the payment, an acknowledgment receipt will be issued by the counter staff.
Pay your bill online
Digital payment methods are often easy to make, more convenient and provide customers the flexibility to make payments from anywhere and at anytime. All you need to have is the consumer number and the details mentioned above. Online payment of bill involves the following steps:
• Visit the official website of APDCL- www.apdcl.org/website
• Click on 'Pay Electricity Bill' option.
• Enter your consumer number and hit the arrow icon to proceed to the next page.
• A copy of the bill will appear with the account details of the consumer.
• The user has to fill in their e-mail and mobile number at the prompted box and then hit the "Pay Now" button.
• The user will then be redirected to the payment gateway option. Select the type of payment (Credit / Debit / Internet Banking/UPI) and provide required details at prompted places and click on "Make Payment" to proceed further.
• User should follow the screen prompt for the payment mode selected to complete online payment transaction.
• Once the transaction is completed, an acknowledgement receipt will pop up, users can keep a print out of the same.
• Users will also receive a confirmation of the bill payment through mail or SMS. Please keep it safe for future reference.
Pay your bill through Apps
Other than the online payment through the website, consumers can also pay their electricity bill through various apps available on Google playstore.
The APDCL has published its very own mobile application for providing various e-services to consumers. Sign up with your consumer number and explore the various services available.
Steps to pay bill through myBijulee app:
• Install the myBijulee app from Google Playstore.
• Once installed enter the consumer number and password to login or create a new one. Note: Please follow the screen prompt as applicable.
• After successful registration/log in and one can access the various e-services available.
• To pay your bill select 'Pay bill' option.
• Provide the necessary details in the screen prompt and proceed towards payment option.
• Following the payment an acknowledgement receipt will pop up. User can save / print it for future reference
Users can also opt for Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) which eases the payment of bills and improves the security and speed of bill pay. An instant confirmation is generated for the bill payments. User can pay their utility bills for Gas, Electricity, Water, DTH, Broadband, Mobile postpaid, Landline postpaid by using BBPS. Multiple modes of payment are available and the customer receives instant confirmation.
• Visit the site www.bharatbillpay.com
• Login/Connect at any Bank/non-bank application (e.g. website-net banking/app/wallet) with the Bharat BillPay icon or B icon under BillPay or Bill Payments tab.
• Consumer can select the category and the biller for which the bill is to be paid.
• Basis on input of key parameters, Consumer will get his bill details.
• Consumer can Verify and re-check the amount to be paid and pay through net-banking/wallet/UPI/ card etc. whichever option is accepted at the particular site/app.
• The consumer gets an instant confirmation on the screen mobile/web with Be-assured logo.
Consumers can also go for private app's like Paytm, Amazon, Freecharge, Mobikwik etc, to make payment of electricity bill. However, one needs to make sure with the respective department officials to confirm about these service providers to make payment.
APDCL Main Office: Bijulee Bhawan, Paltan Bazar, Guwahati – 781001, Assam
APDCL Contact / Complaint Number: 1912 or 022-35296117 / 022-69132900
APDCL Whatsapp Number: 7575999666