ITANAGAR, April 9 - In a major fire, the building of Arunachal Pradesh Youth Congress (APYC) president Jikke Tako located at Chimpu here was reduced to ashes last night, rendering the occupants homeless.
Police said the inferno that broke out last midnight was suspected to be caused by electric short circuit. There was, however, no loss of life as all the family members were away at the time of the fire, informed the APYC president.
He said that all the household properties including food items were completely gutted. A fire tender was rushed to the spot following a fire call but it was too late for the firemen as the house was already consumed by the devastating fire, said Fire Officer Koj Taro.