Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Advisory against eating wild mushroom

By Correspondent
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print

TURA, April 19 - The death of an elderly woman and her minor granddaughter after consuming wild mushroom at Rongdong village near Siju in South Garo Hills yesterday has forced the District Surveillance Officer (DSO) to issue an advisory to the public not to consume wild mushroom, which are widely available in Garo hills forest.

�After getting reports that seven persons from a family and a neighbour were taken ill after consuming wild mushroom, we went for an investigation to the village and learned that two from the family had died and the rest were critically ill. We have collected the sample from the nearby forest and have sent it to the Food Safety Officer for necessary investigation,� said Dr Jacob Marak, DSO, South Garo Hills.

The doctor informed that they held a meeting with the villagers of the neigbouring area and have asked them not to consume wild mushroom, which can prove fatal. He also said that their office has issued an advisory in South Garo Hills warning people against consuming wild mushroom.

More in Entertainment
Next Story
Similar Posts
Advisory against eating wild mushroom

TURA, April 19 - The death of an elderly woman and her minor granddaughter after consuming wild mushroom at Rongdong village near Siju in South Garo Hills yesterday has forced the District Surveillance Officer (DSO) to issue an advisory to the public not to consume wild mushroom, which are widely available in Garo hills forest.

�After getting reports that seven persons from a family and a neighbour were taken ill after consuming wild mushroom, we went for an investigation to the village and learned that two from the family had died and the rest were critically ill. We have collected the sample from the nearby forest and have sent it to the Food Safety Officer for necessary investigation,� said Dr Jacob Marak, DSO, South Garo Hills.

The doctor informed that they held a meeting with the villagers of the neigbouring area and have asked them not to consume wild mushroom, which can prove fatal. He also said that their office has issued an advisory in South Garo Hills warning people against consuming wild mushroom.

More in Entertainment
Similar Posts