Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

6.57 lakh new voters in State

By PRANJAL BHUYAN
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo

GUWAHATI, Feb 26 � Assam has over 6.57 lakh new voters in the age group of 18-19 years who will be eligible to vote in the forthcoming Parliamentary polls.

As per electoral data based on the final publication of Summary Revision 2014 of the Election Commission of India, there are 6,57,190 newly eligible voters in the State. They comprise 3.5 per cent of the total electors, who number 1,87,23,032.

Gender-wise, 3,70,550 or 56.4 per cent of the newly eligible voters aged between 18 and 19 years are male and the rest 2,86,640 or 43.6 per cent are female. Assam does not have any new electors belonging to the �Others� category.

Nagaland is the only State in the entire country where the number of newly eligible female electors exceeds that of newly eligible male electors.

As per the summary revision, 50.4 per cent of the 36,159 newly eligible voters aged between 18 and 19 years in Nagaland are female and the remaining 49.6 per cent are male.

Nagaland has 3.1 per cent of new voters among its total electorate of 11,74,663.

More in Entertainment
Next Story
Similar Posts
6.57 lakh new voters in State

GUWAHATI, Feb 26 � Assam has over 6.57 lakh new voters in the age group of 18-19 years who will be eligible to vote in the forthcoming Parliamentary polls.

As per electoral data based on the final publication of Summary Revision 2014 of the Election Commission of India, there are 6,57,190 newly eligible voters in the State. They comprise 3.5 per cent of the total electors, who number 1,87,23,032.

Gender-wise, 3,70,550 or 56.4 per cent of the newly eligible voters aged between 18 and 19 years are male and the rest 2,86,640 or 43.6 per cent are female. Assam does not have any new electors belonging to the �Others� category.

Nagaland is the only State in the entire country where the number of newly eligible female electors exceeds that of newly eligible male electors.

As per the summary revision, 50.4 per cent of the 36,159 newly eligible voters aged between 18 and 19 years in Nagaland are female and the remaining 49.6 per cent are male.

Nagaland has 3.1 per cent of new voters among its total electorate of 11,74,663.

More in Entertainment
Similar Posts