Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

46,000 contractual teachers �nearly� regularised

By STAFF REPORTER
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print

GUWAHATI, June 7 - Around 46,000 contractual teachers will get salaries and other facilities at par with other government teachers from June 1, in a move that will �nearly regularise� them and fulfil a BJP poll promise, Education Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said today.

The decision was taken in the last cabinet but not announced as it �awaited some compliance�. The services of these teachers will be protected up to 60 years of age, and they will be eligible for all government facilities like DA, CPF, benefits of pay revision, leaves, etc.

Addressing a press conference, Sarma said at elementary level there are 29,701 TET teachers working under SSA and 11,206 state pool teachers, while 5,243 contractual teachers are currently serving at high school level.

�These teachers will get regular government pay scale from now and other facilities enjoyed by government teachers. They will also be eligible for bank loans and can avail the facility for deduction of EMIs from their salaries,� he said.

The Centre had been paying 30 per cent of the salaries of the TET teachers and the rest 70 per cent borne by the State government. The Centre had capped the salary funding for TET teachers at Rs 15,000. The State pool teachers used to get a fixed salary of Rs 20,000- Rs 22,000 and were working under a one-year contract agreement like the high school contractual teachers.

From now on, these teachers will also get a family health insurance of Rs 5 lakh. Their salaries will be disbursed through the treasury.

�The decisions will mean that their jobs have been nearly regularised. We cannot regularise in the complete sense due to an apex court ruling, but practically, they will enjoy the same benefits,� the minister said.

More in Entertainment
Next Story
Similar Posts
46,000 contractual teachers �nearly� regularised

GUWAHATI, June 7 - Around 46,000 contractual teachers will get salaries and other facilities at par with other government teachers from June 1, in a move that will �nearly regularise� them and fulfil a BJP poll promise, Education Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said today.

The decision was taken in the last cabinet but not announced as it �awaited some compliance�. The services of these teachers will be protected up to 60 years of age, and they will be eligible for all government facilities like DA, CPF, benefits of pay revision, leaves, etc.

Addressing a press conference, Sarma said at elementary level there are 29,701 TET teachers working under SSA and 11,206 state pool teachers, while 5,243 contractual teachers are currently serving at high school level.

�These teachers will get regular government pay scale from now and other facilities enjoyed by government teachers. They will also be eligible for bank loans and can avail the facility for deduction of EMIs from their salaries,� he said.

The Centre had been paying 30 per cent of the salaries of the TET teachers and the rest 70 per cent borne by the State government. The Centre had capped the salary funding for TET teachers at Rs 15,000. The State pool teachers used to get a fixed salary of Rs 20,000- Rs 22,000 and were working under a one-year contract agreement like the high school contractual teachers.

From now on, these teachers will also get a family health insurance of Rs 5 lakh. Their salaries will be disbursed through the treasury.

�The decisions will mean that their jobs have been nearly regularised. We cannot regularise in the complete sense due to an apex court ruling, but practically, they will enjoy the same benefits,� the minister said.

More in Entertainment
Similar Posts