Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

4 rescued as building catches fire

By Staff Reporter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo

GUWAHATI, Oct 10 - Four persons, including a minor and an elderly person, were rescued after a massive fire broke out in a multi-storey building in the Fancy Bazar area here in the wee hours today.

Fire-fighters rescued the persons after they were found trapped inside the building, which caught fire around 2 am. The incident took place at Fancy Bazar�s Kamala Market on TR Phukan Road.

Goods worth a sizeable amount of money were also destroyed in the inferno.

�Fire-fighters rushed to the spot immediately and rescued four persons who were trapped inside the building due to the fire,� official sources told this reporter, adding that the injured persons have been shifted to a private hospital.

�We got a call around 2.10 am, after which 12 fire-tenders were rushed to the spot. It took us several hours to douse the blaze,� sources said.

It appears that the fire emanated from the ground floor of the building and could have been caused by an electrical short-circuit, sources added.

More in Entertainment
Next Story
Similar Posts
4 rescued as building catches fire

GUWAHATI, Oct 10 - Four persons, including a minor and an elderly person, were rescued after a massive fire broke out in a multi-storey building in the Fancy Bazar area here in the wee hours today.

Fire-fighters rescued the persons after they were found trapped inside the building, which caught fire around 2 am. The incident took place at Fancy Bazar�s Kamala Market on TR Phukan Road.

Goods worth a sizeable amount of money were also destroyed in the inferno.

�Fire-fighters rushed to the spot immediately and rescued four persons who were trapped inside the building due to the fire,� official sources told this reporter, adding that the injured persons have been shifted to a private hospital.

�We got a call around 2.10 am, after which 12 fire-tenders were rushed to the spot. It took us several hours to douse the blaze,� sources said.

It appears that the fire emanated from the ground floor of the building and could have been caused by an electrical short-circuit, sources added.

More in Entertainment
Similar Posts