Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

4 of family fall ill after taking mushroom

By Correspondent

TURA, May 29 - A family fell ill in remote South Garo Hills after consuming wild mushrooms last night. Fortunately, casualty was averted as early detection led to the family being shifted quickly for medical treatment in Tura.

A total of eight people, all of one family, ate wild mushrooms gathered from the jungles in Rongara near Baghmara. A family member informed that the affected victims had consumed dinner at about 7 pm last night after which a few of them began to complain of stomach pains.

All the eight were rushed to Baghmara Civil Hospital the same evening. Later, four were shifted to Tura Civil Hospital at about 7.30 am today. The other four are being treated in Baghmara itself.

Just about a month ago, six people, who had consumed wild mushrooms, died of food poisoning. The incident happened in Rongdong village near Siju.

Next Story