GORESWAR, Aug 31 - Along with the rest of the state, National Worm Control Week was being observed in Baksa district too. All the students below 18 years are targeted to be free from worms infestation through the mission.
Accordingly, all possible measures were taken by the district Health Department to cover all the school-going students with active cooperation of the concerned officials.
Mushalpur Education Block also took the initiative on Thursday and distributed deworming tablets among the students in order to protect them from worm infestation.
Altogether, 15 students fell ill after taking deworming tablets yesterday at the BC Bidyapith High School in Mushalpur. The students vomited and suffered from severe headache after ingesting the deworming tablets.
The Health Department was immediately informed about the incident and the affected students were taken to the Mushalpur Civil Hospital for treatment.
Ankita Kalita, Junmani Kalita, Rampi Kalita, Babita Das, Tarali Das, Dipamani Das, Akashdeep Baruah, Rafiq Ali, Bikash Rajbangshi, Meenakshi Mahat, Dipjyoti Mahat, Pallabi Nath, Abhijit Nath, Pawan Bhattacharjee and Sumi Boro were taken to the Mushalpur Civil Hospital for treatment.
In this connection, Dr Gunindra Nath Debasarma, Joint Director of Health Services said that due to unprecedented hot weather, the students who were already feeling uncomfortable, became unwell after ingesting the deworming tablets.
In the meantime, the incident has created adverse reaction among a section of the public in the district.