Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

132 persons screened for COVID-19 at Nagaon

By A CORRESPONDENT
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print

NAGAON, March 21 - Nagaon district administration and the district Health department have geared up to stop the possible outbreak of coronavirus in the district and have taken strict measures to detect the positive cases, especially among those who had arrived from States like Kerala, Bengaluru, Maharashtra and other parts of the nation.

The district Health department has screened 132 persons who had arrived here from outside the State in a separate cell set up at Nagaon Swahid Bhugeswari Phukonani Civil Hospital today and the physicians have advised all of them �home isolation� for over a fortnight. While talking to this correspondent here this evening, Joint Director, District Health Services, Dr Atul Pator said that physicians have been conducting special screening of hundreds of people who had arrived here from outside the State on a daily basis for a couple of days now. However, during the drive no positive case has been recorded so far. But the department concerned has advised all of them to be in home isolation for a fortnight.

Meanwhile, Additional District Magistrate Jayanta Kumar Bora, through a notification today locked down all local weekly markets in the entire district till March 31 with immediate effect and also imposed other restrictions on public gatherings at shopping malls, pan shops. Moreover, all kinds of cultural programmes as well as religious ceremonies in masques and temples of the district have been stopped till further notification.

In the same notification, it is also stated that other daily markets will be opened from 10 am to 6 pm only and public gathering of more than 10 persons at a place has been prohibited during these days.

More in Entertainment
Next Story
Similar Posts
132 persons screened for COVID-19 at Nagaon

NAGAON, March 21 - Nagaon district administration and the district Health department have geared up to stop the possible outbreak of coronavirus in the district and have taken strict measures to detect the positive cases, especially among those who had arrived from States like Kerala, Bengaluru, Maharashtra and other parts of the nation.

The district Health department has screened 132 persons who had arrived here from outside the State in a separate cell set up at Nagaon Swahid Bhugeswari Phukonani Civil Hospital today and the physicians have advised all of them �home isolation� for over a fortnight. While talking to this correspondent here this evening, Joint Director, District Health Services, Dr Atul Pator said that physicians have been conducting special screening of hundreds of people who had arrived here from outside the State on a daily basis for a couple of days now. However, during the drive no positive case has been recorded so far. But the department concerned has advised all of them to be in home isolation for a fortnight.

Meanwhile, Additional District Magistrate Jayanta Kumar Bora, through a notification today locked down all local weekly markets in the entire district till March 31 with immediate effect and also imposed other restrictions on public gatherings at shopping malls, pan shops. Moreover, all kinds of cultural programmes as well as religious ceremonies in masques and temples of the district have been stopped till further notification.

In the same notification, it is also stated that other daily markets will be opened from 10 am to 6 pm only and public gathering of more than 10 persons at a place has been prohibited during these days.

More in Entertainment
Similar Posts