Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

10-year-old electrocuted

By Correspondent

TURA, Feb 8 � A 10-year-old child was electrocuted when he touched the overhead 11 KV high tension wires above a newly-constructed school building.

�The overhead high tension wires were barely three-four feet above the roof of the new building in the RC Compound SSA School.

The boy may have climbed the roof and accidentally touched the live wires. He was killed on the spot�, said a resident of Baghmara in South Garo Hills.

Police said, �Apparently, the school authorities constructed the new SSA building under the high tension wires. They should have asked the MeECL for permission before the construction or asked for the wires to be moved.�

Meanwhile, the boy�s adoptive family is also being charged by the family of the boy for their alleged negligence. �They did not even look for the boy initially and lodged a missing report two days later.� The boy had reportedly been missing on January 30 and is presumed to have died the same day.

Next Story