Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Student arrested for posting obscene videos

By Staff Correspondent
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print

DIBRUGARH, Oct 22 - Anjiraj Goswami, an engineering student pursuing studies in Oxford College of Engineering, Bangalore was arrested on Monday from his house in Chiring Chapori here for reportedly posting obscene videos of a minor girl in popular social networking sites after allegedly committing sexual offences with the girl.

The engineering student had reportedly committed sexual offences pretending to be in love with the minor girl and had recorded a few sexual acts, Naba Kumar Borah, officer in-charge, Dibrugarh Sadar PS said. �When the girl tried to distance herself after knowing Anjiraj Goswami�s ill motive and immoral behaviour, the latter tried to blackmail her by transmitting the obscene materials in the electronic form since past few years,� the officer in-charge said.

A case no. 765/2015 under section 67 of the Information Technology Act and section 4 of the Protection Children from Sexual Offence Act, 2012 was registered at the Sadar PS here following complaint from the victim and her family. The accused had posted only some 10 per cent of what was recorded while the remaining 90 per cent was recovered from his computer, police said.

The accused in his final year of engineering studies had come home for the puja holidays. Police have reportedly seized laptops, computers and mobile phone from the possession of the accused. Anjiraj Goswami is reportedly a son of a male officer of State Bank of India and a lady employee of All India Radio.

More in Entertainment
Next Story
Similar Posts
Student arrested for posting obscene videos

DIBRUGARH, Oct 22 - Anjiraj Goswami, an engineering student pursuing studies in Oxford College of Engineering, Bangalore was arrested on Monday from his house in Chiring Chapori here for reportedly posting obscene videos of a minor girl in popular social networking sites after allegedly committing sexual offences with the girl.

The engineering student had reportedly committed sexual offences pretending to be in love with the minor girl and had recorded a few sexual acts, Naba Kumar Borah, officer in-charge, Dibrugarh Sadar PS said. �When the girl tried to distance herself after knowing Anjiraj Goswami�s ill motive and immoral behaviour, the latter tried to blackmail her by transmitting the obscene materials in the electronic form since past few years,� the officer in-charge said.

A case no. 765/2015 under section 67 of the Information Technology Act and section 4 of the Protection Children from Sexual Offence Act, 2012 was registered at the Sadar PS here following complaint from the victim and her family. The accused had posted only some 10 per cent of what was recorded while the remaining 90 per cent was recovered from his computer, police said.

The accused in his final year of engineering studies had come home for the puja holidays. Police have reportedly seized laptops, computers and mobile phone from the possession of the accused. Anjiraj Goswami is reportedly a son of a male officer of State Bank of India and a lady employee of All India Radio.

More in Entertainment
Similar Posts