Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Search continues for bodies of 2 children

By Correspondent
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo

IMPHAL, July 12 - A day after a landslide claimed nine lives and left five injured in Manipur�s Tamenglong district headquarters, a massive search operation continued to recover the bodies of two missing children at the adjoining areas of Tamenglong town on Thursday.

Though seven bodies out of nine dead have been recovered, bodies of two children including a nine year-old boy and three year-old baby girl, of Tamenglong ward No. 3 are yet to be recovered.

The search operation was conducted by the State Disaster Response Force and locals with the help of the district administration, according to Tamenglong district Deputy Commissioner Ravinder Singh. �So far there is no report of recovery,� he said when contacted on phone.

Vice chairman of State Relief and Disaster Management Authority Adim Pamei said the search will continue until the bodies are recovered.

Meanwhile, Governor Dr Najma Heptulla in a condolence message on Thursday said, �I am deeply shocked to learn about the death of seven persons and two children missing in a devastating landslide in Tamenglong district.� She also conveyed her heartfelt condolences to the bereaved families.

A total of 15 houses were completely damaged while five others were partially affected during Wednesday�s landslide.

High intensity rain totalling 158.8 mm lashed Tamenglong district headquarters for five hours from July 11 midnight, said Nodal Officer of State Climate Cell of Environment directorate Dr T Brajakumar.

More in Entertainment
Next Story
Similar Posts
Search continues for bodies of 2 children

IMPHAL, July 12 - A day after a landslide claimed nine lives and left five injured in Manipur�s Tamenglong district headquarters, a massive search operation continued to recover the bodies of two missing children at the adjoining areas of Tamenglong town on Thursday.

Though seven bodies out of nine dead have been recovered, bodies of two children including a nine year-old boy and three year-old baby girl, of Tamenglong ward No. 3 are yet to be recovered.

The search operation was conducted by the State Disaster Response Force and locals with the help of the district administration, according to Tamenglong district Deputy Commissioner Ravinder Singh. �So far there is no report of recovery,� he said when contacted on phone.

Vice chairman of State Relief and Disaster Management Authority Adim Pamei said the search will continue until the bodies are recovered.

Meanwhile, Governor Dr Najma Heptulla in a condolence message on Thursday said, �I am deeply shocked to learn about the death of seven persons and two children missing in a devastating landslide in Tamenglong district.� She also conveyed her heartfelt condolences to the bereaved families.

A total of 15 houses were completely damaged while five others were partially affected during Wednesday�s landslide.

High intensity rain totalling 158.8 mm lashed Tamenglong district headquarters for five hours from July 11 midnight, said Nodal Officer of State Climate Cell of Environment directorate Dr T Brajakumar.

More in Entertainment
Similar Posts