Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Rs 12.20 cr allotted for Bharalu beautification

By Staff Reporter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo

GUWAHATI, July 25 � As the first ever sustained drive of clearing the water channels of Guwahati city free from encroachment is nearing completion, the entire stretch of Bharalu rivulet awaits a major facelift with permanent measures to check re-encroachment.

The Guwahati Municipal Corporation, which has been entrusted with the work to beautify the banks of Bharalu, has chalked out an eco-friendly solar energy-based plan of beautifying several stretches of the Bharalu from GS Road to Bharalumukh. If all goes as planned, the first phase of the drive would see 1.7 kilometres stretch with small parks, jogging tracks and modular toilets.

GMC chief engineer MMIM Borah told The Assam Tribune that the project worth Rs 15 crore would use solar power instead of grid power for lighting etc., and is scheduled to complete within 18 months. The first phase beautification would be done alongside the ASEB Road from GS Road up to Rup Nagar Mazar Swarif.

�Rs 12.20 crore has been allotted for the beautification drive. Under the project, the power transmission line along the Bharalu River would be shifted to other side. The entire stretch under the project would be covered with tall barricades so that garbage could not be thrown into the water channel,� he said.

The entire project would cover five kilometres stretch on both sides of Bharalu from GS Road to Bharalumukh.

Briefing media persons on the ongoing eviction drive in Bharalu, ADC Dhrubajyoti Das said that along with clearing encroachment, the work of dredging and widening the rivulets is also going on simultaneously.

�Removing the bottlenecks, the width of Bharalu has been increased to 18 to 20 metres. Apart from barricading, several patches would be developed in a manner to make the river accessible for the machines to carry out annual cleaning exercise. The purpose of this entire drive is to ensure free flow of water throughout the year and check re-encroachments,� said Das.

Regarding the problem in removing the putta land holders, from the water channels, he said that the district administration has started a revenue census, which would again verify the land related documents. �Nearly 90 per cent of the major encroachments have been removed and remaining 10 per cent would be cleared after verifying the documents,� he added.

Meanwhile, eviction drive continued today on the major water channels of the city. Total 37 concrete slabs were removed from an NBCC drain from Nepali Basti to Gopal Bazar areas.

Visiting different stretches of the Bahini River today, Kamrup Metro DC in charge M Angamuthu did the inspection of dredging and widening work of BAhini. He instructed the Water Resource Department to construct silt trap and expedite the cleaning and dredging process of the rivulet. He visited Seuji Path, Hengrabari bridge point, PIBCO point, Patkai Path and Chilarai path and instructed the departments and agencies concerned to take steps for ensuring smooth flow of water in Bahini.

More in Entertainment
Next Story
Similar Posts
Rs 12.20 cr allotted for Bharalu beautification

GUWAHATI, July 25 � As the first ever sustained drive of clearing the water channels of Guwahati city free from encroachment is nearing completion, the entire stretch of Bharalu rivulet awaits a major facelift with permanent measures to check re-encroachment.

The Guwahati Municipal Corporation, which has been entrusted with the work to beautify the banks of Bharalu, has chalked out an eco-friendly solar energy-based plan of beautifying several stretches of the Bharalu from GS Road to Bharalumukh. If all goes as planned, the first phase of the drive would see 1.7 kilometres stretch with small parks, jogging tracks and modular toilets.

GMC chief engineer MMIM Borah told The Assam Tribune that the project worth Rs 15 crore would use solar power instead of grid power for lighting etc., and is scheduled to complete within 18 months. The first phase beautification would be done alongside the ASEB Road from GS Road up to Rup Nagar Mazar Swarif.

�Rs 12.20 crore has been allotted for the beautification drive. Under the project, the power transmission line along the Bharalu River would be shifted to other side. The entire stretch under the project would be covered with tall barricades so that garbage could not be thrown into the water channel,� he said.

The entire project would cover five kilometres stretch on both sides of Bharalu from GS Road to Bharalumukh.

Briefing media persons on the ongoing eviction drive in Bharalu, ADC Dhrubajyoti Das said that along with clearing encroachment, the work of dredging and widening the rivulets is also going on simultaneously.

�Removing the bottlenecks, the width of Bharalu has been increased to 18 to 20 metres. Apart from barricading, several patches would be developed in a manner to make the river accessible for the machines to carry out annual cleaning exercise. The purpose of this entire drive is to ensure free flow of water throughout the year and check re-encroachments,� said Das.

Regarding the problem in removing the putta land holders, from the water channels, he said that the district administration has started a revenue census, which would again verify the land related documents. �Nearly 90 per cent of the major encroachments have been removed and remaining 10 per cent would be cleared after verifying the documents,� he added.

Meanwhile, eviction drive continued today on the major water channels of the city. Total 37 concrete slabs were removed from an NBCC drain from Nepali Basti to Gopal Bazar areas.

Visiting different stretches of the Bahini River today, Kamrup Metro DC in charge M Angamuthu did the inspection of dredging and widening work of BAhini. He instructed the Water Resource Department to construct silt trap and expedite the cleaning and dredging process of the rivulet. He visited Seuji Path, Hengrabari bridge point, PIBCO point, Patkai Path and Chilarai path and instructed the departments and agencies concerned to take steps for ensuring smooth flow of water in Bahini.

More in Entertainment
Similar Posts