Russia has registered the world’s first COVID-19 vaccine for animals. The vaccine – Carnivak-Cov has been developed by Rosselkhoznadzor’s Federal Center for Animal Health. The clinical trials of the vaccine had begun in October 2020 and it involved cats, dogs, minks, foxes, Arctic foxes, etc. The World Health Organization, which had expressed concerns over the transmission of the virus between humans and animals, said the vaccine would be able to protect vulnerable species and thwart viral mutations. Russia has registered two cases of COVID-19 among animals so far, both in cats. The country already has three coronavirus vaccines for humans, the best known of which is Sputnik V. Moscow has also given emergency approval to two others, EpiVacCorona and CoviVac.
In today’s Master’s Choice section, do try out a set of questions on the Indian Premier League (IPL). Meanwhile, keep writing to us with quiz reports, questions (with answers and full postal address) and interesting bits of information to: Quizone, Horizon, C/o The Assam Tribune, Maniram Dewan Road, Guwahati. SMS or WhatsApp me at: 98640-26322 and e-mail at: [email protected] or [email protected] To read Quiz Zone online, you can log on to http://epaper.assamtribune.com.
1. According to Delhi-based designers Shantanu and Nikhil, the gold foil lines at the front of the Mumbai Indians jersey are supposed to represent which Mumbai landmark?
2. With which cricketer did Jonny Bairstow (Sunrisers Hyderabad) record the highest first-wicket partnership in IPL history (185 runs)?
3. Parvez Rasool became the first cricketer from Jammu & Kashmir to play in the IPL. Which franchise did he play for?
4. Which cricketer, who has played a total of 102 T-20 games, picked a wicket off the only ball he ever bowled in T-20 cricket, in IPL 2013?
5. One of the longest standing records in IPL history is the record for the best bowling figures in an innings, a feat that was achieved in IPL 2008. Who is the bowler credited with this feat?
6. Name the cricketer who has the joint-most ducks in IPL, alongside Harbhajan Singh.
7. Who is the only bowler to have picked up a five-wicket haul twice against the same team in the same season of the IPL?
8. Who was the first overseas player to captain Delhi Daredevils (now Delhi Capitals)?
9. Which player is the oldest to win the IPL purple cap, which is given to the highest wicket-taker in the tournament?
10. Which player has won the most number of IPL orange caps, which is awarded to the season’s highest run-scorer?
11. What is the name of India’s first earth observation satellite which is to be placed in a Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit? (Jintu Mochahary, Lumding)
12. Which institution releases the annual flagship report “World Economic Outlook”? (Amrita Nath, Guwahati)
13. ‘Daimo’ and ‘Samurai’, known as landlord class and warrior class respectively, existed in which East Asian country? (Subrata Dutta, Tangla)
14. What is India’s rank in the ‘Global Gender Gap Report 2021’ which is released by the World Economic Forum? (Jyotishman Bhagawati, Barpeta Road)
15. Which country is to play host to the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Women’s Asian Cup 2022? (Tridisha Bhuyan, Tinsukia)
16. If you were awarded a BEM, what is the award you have received? (Biswajit Doley, via SMS)
17. Nuku‘alofa is the capital of which island nation in the Pacific Ocean? (Rim Baruah, North Lakhimpur)
18. Which country’s parliament has passed a bill to enable its incumbent President to run for two more terms from 2024? (Jintumoni Barman, Nalbari)
19. This centre of worship in Gujarat is called ‘Udvada Atash Behram’. What unique distinction does it hold? (Adish Agarwalla, Moranhat)
QUESTION OF THE WEEK
20. For this noble cause, Bishop Peter Bernard Pereira was requested to hand over the land where the Saint Mary Magdalene Church stood. Upon receiving possession of the church, the bishop’s home was quickly converted into an office, the church became the workshop, and cattle sheds served as storage houses and laboratories. On November 21, 1963, history was created from this very location by an American named Nike-Apache. Which event is referred to here? (Dr Jayanta Kumar Sharma, Horticultural Research Station, Kahikuchi, Guwahati)
1. Bandra-Worli Sea Link, 2. David Warner, 3. Pune Warriors India, 4. Adam Gilchrist, 5. Sohail Tanvir of Pakistan (6/14), 6. Parthiv Patel, 7. James Faulkner (In IPL 2013, playing for Rajasthan Royals), 8. James Hopes, 9. Imran Tahir, 10. David Warner, 11. GISAT-1, 12. IMF, 13. Japan, 14. 140, 15. India, 16. British Empire Medal, 17. Tonga, 18. Russia, 19. The oldest fire temple in India, 20. The first-ever rocket launch by India from the Thumba Equatorial Rocket Launching Station, marking the beginning of space exploration in India.