Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Police questions Atanu Bhuyan

By Staff Reporter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print

GUWAHATI, July 18 � Senior journalist and former editor-in-chief of News Live Atanu Bhuyan was today questioned by police after a woman who identified herself as a Communication and Media Specialist, United Nations, alleged that she received a threatening SMS from the cell phone of the journalist.

She also alleged that two unidentified youths snatched her cell phone around 1:45 am while she was taking a call from an anonymous caller.

The woman then lodged a complaint with the Chandmari police station following which police seized Bhuyan�s cell phone for examination.

Reacting to this, Bhuyan said, �Police, following the complaint, came to my house and even seized my cell phone. They retrieved the call and SMS records of my cell phone, but found nothing. The complainant�s cell phone�s record was also examined but nothing which could substantiate her allegation was found. Police then returned my cell phone and I was allowed to go ... I had already said that this is a part of a big conspiracy and in the event of all these developments, I apprehend serious threat to my life,� Bhuyan said.

The senior journalist further said that he would file a defamation case against the complainant and a senior editor of a national English news channel tomorrow for tweeting derogatory remarks against him.

Bhuyan added that he will also lodge a complaint against the girl with the Dispur police station today for trying to frame him.

Meanwhile, Deputy Superintendent of Police Ujjal Borah told The Assam Tribune that the complainant�s claim and allegation are being investigated.

More in Entertainment
Next Story
Similar Posts
Police questions Atanu Bhuyan

GUWAHATI, July 18 � Senior journalist and former editor-in-chief of News Live Atanu Bhuyan was today questioned by police after a woman who identified herself as a Communication and Media Specialist, United Nations, alleged that she received a threatening SMS from the cell phone of the journalist.

She also alleged that two unidentified youths snatched her cell phone around 1:45 am while she was taking a call from an anonymous caller.

The woman then lodged a complaint with the Chandmari police station following which police seized Bhuyan�s cell phone for examination.

Reacting to this, Bhuyan said, �Police, following the complaint, came to my house and even seized my cell phone. They retrieved the call and SMS records of my cell phone, but found nothing. The complainant�s cell phone�s record was also examined but nothing which could substantiate her allegation was found. Police then returned my cell phone and I was allowed to go ... I had already said that this is a part of a big conspiracy and in the event of all these developments, I apprehend serious threat to my life,� Bhuyan said.

The senior journalist further said that he would file a defamation case against the complainant and a senior editor of a national English news channel tomorrow for tweeting derogatory remarks against him.

Bhuyan added that he will also lodge a complaint against the girl with the Dispur police station today for trying to frame him.

Meanwhile, Deputy Superintendent of Police Ujjal Borah told The Assam Tribune that the complainant�s claim and allegation are being investigated.

More in Entertainment
Similar Posts