Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

No more security escorts to Naga ultra leaders

By Correspondent
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print

DIMAPUR, July 23 � The Nagaland government has decided not to provide any more security escorts to any of the Naga underground leaders unless specifically directed by the Government of India with specific purpose, location and occasion.

Briefing the press in his office chamber in Kohima today, Nagaland Home Minister Imkong I Imchen said the decision was taken on Friday morning during a high level meeting attended by the Additional Chief Secretary, the Commissioner, the Home Commissioner, the DGP, two Additional DGPs, the Staff Officer to the Chairman of Ceasefire Monitoring Cell and the Special Secretary.

�So far we have been providing escort under the requisition of Cease Fire Monitoring Group (CFMG) Chairman, but henceforth we have decided to stop it unless given direction by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India,� he said.

He further revealed that it was also decided to invite the CFMG Chairman to its meetings from time to time so that there is no communication gap regarding violation of ceasefire ground rules by any of the groups.

Meanwhile, stating that the state government is seriously concerned about money collection or extortion by the underground groups, specially in Dimapur, the minister said most of these actvities are carried out in the name of one faction or the other. However, he said though some were found to be private individuals, the blame generally goes to the underground organisations.

Indicating that such extortion is a violation of ceasefire ground rules, he highlighted that in the ceasefire ground rules agreement, one clause is for NSCN-IM and another is for NSCN-K whrein they have clearly agreed that they will not resort to forceful collection from the public and even from the government officials which he said, is in total violation of the commitment made by both the factions of their own accord.

He also remarked that underground organisations sometimes collect officially, but termed it as the �worst� that almost every �individual or cadre� is extorting money in the name of their own organisation.

�The Nagaland Police force and Assam Rifles are doing their level best to prevent and arrest these perpetrators but this menace still continues,� he added.

More in Entertainment
Next Story
Similar Posts
No more security escorts to Naga ultra leaders

DIMAPUR, July 23 � The Nagaland government has decided not to provide any more security escorts to any of the Naga underground leaders unless specifically directed by the Government of India with specific purpose, location and occasion.

Briefing the press in his office chamber in Kohima today, Nagaland Home Minister Imkong I Imchen said the decision was taken on Friday morning during a high level meeting attended by the Additional Chief Secretary, the Commissioner, the Home Commissioner, the DGP, two Additional DGPs, the Staff Officer to the Chairman of Ceasefire Monitoring Cell and the Special Secretary.

�So far we have been providing escort under the requisition of Cease Fire Monitoring Group (CFMG) Chairman, but henceforth we have decided to stop it unless given direction by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India,� he said.

He further revealed that it was also decided to invite the CFMG Chairman to its meetings from time to time so that there is no communication gap regarding violation of ceasefire ground rules by any of the groups.

Meanwhile, stating that the state government is seriously concerned about money collection or extortion by the underground groups, specially in Dimapur, the minister said most of these actvities are carried out in the name of one faction or the other. However, he said though some were found to be private individuals, the blame generally goes to the underground organisations.

Indicating that such extortion is a violation of ceasefire ground rules, he highlighted that in the ceasefire ground rules agreement, one clause is for NSCN-IM and another is for NSCN-K whrein they have clearly agreed that they will not resort to forceful collection from the public and even from the government officials which he said, is in total violation of the commitment made by both the factions of their own accord.

He also remarked that underground organisations sometimes collect officially, but termed it as the �worst� that almost every �individual or cadre� is extorting money in the name of their own organisation.

�The Nagaland Police force and Assam Rifles are doing their level best to prevent and arrest these perpetrators but this menace still continues,� he added.

More in Entertainment
Similar Posts