GUWAHATI, May 4 � No fresh incident has been reported from any part of the BTAD area in the last 48 hours and efforts are on for restoration of normalcy in the area, said an official release this evening.
Arrangements for security of vehicular traffic moving on the national highway and railway tracks were made and the facility of police escort was provided to convoys, particularly during the night.
Meanwhile, 5 cases have been registered in connection with the violent incidents that took place in BTAD areas during the past 72 hours and due to strong action taken against NDFB(S) by the security forces, 3 dreaded cadres have been killed today in Sonitpur and Udalguri districts.
The release said that 26 persons have been arrested in connection with the incidents of the BTAD areas so far.
A Special Investigation Team from the CID has been rushed to Baksa district for an investigation, so that the cases can be smoothly handed over to the NIA.
In the meantime, a formal proposal for engagement of NIA has also been moved.
The near relatives of persons who died in the terror strike shall be paid ex-gratia @ Rs 6.00 lakh as per the ongoing schemes of the Central and State governments. The injured persons are being provided free medical treatment. A relief camp has been established by the Baksa district administration where 498 persons from violence-affected areas under Gobardhana PS have taken shelter and arrangements for food, water, sanitation and health facilities have been made.